pressure, pressure, oppression is a kind of response of the organism to any pressure (physical or mental). Scientists distinguish two forms of positive stress (eustress) and negative (distress). For the first time this concept was used by Walter cannon and used it in his works in the field of physiology and psychology.
Work devoted to stress, was designed by renowned scholar Hans Selye in 1936. In his work, he raised and suggested that the treatment of stress, but still have avoided using the word, he replaced it with an adaptation period. And only at the turn of the 50s of the XX century he began to periodically use a new term.
In the result of the influence of some stress factors are divided into these types
- heat or cold
- mental, and other lesser known species.
Also, there are types of stress
- eustress. Scientists have isolated a so-called positive stress, caused by the joyful emotions. After stress mobilized all forces of the body
- distress. Negative effects on the body, with which man cannot cope on their own. When the attack begins to weaken the immune system, recovery can not do without medical intervention
- emotional stress. With his offensive autonomic nervous system and endocrine upset, after repeated or stagnant emotional disorders all protective functions of the body can fail
- psychological stress in the vast majority of cases is called social influences.
Regardless of the factor on the human body, any exposure has a specific effect, even if such exposure was good.
Canadian scientist Hans Selye gave a description of the surge and described it as the General adaptation period. The concept of stress was included in his speech much later.
Briefly there is an example of his work is called the stress response of the body to any coercive effect on the body. All the specific effects exerted on a person, require the same specific answer.
A study of response organizations began in 1920. Selye observed an identical response to a common malware infection fever, General weakness, decrease or loss of appetite. In the result of laboratory experiments it was concluded on the unified response of living organisms to irritants. As a result of exposure to various negative influences of response is manifested in a single form. Thus, the response of rats to stimulation of toxic substances had a temperature rise, this was also the reaction to the influence of cold or heat. Similar reactions were observed in humans.
After suffering a coercive impact was observed and signs of adaptation along with the presence of stress and damage. After exposure to stress there were universal signs of the decline of the thymus, a significant increase of the adrenal cortex and the presence of bleeding or hemorrhage, was sometimes developing ulcerative education in the field of gastrointestinal tract.
Based on many years of research on the nature of the response to irritants, Selye concluded that there are three stages of the syndrome
- the answer, expressed in the inner state of anxiety (at this stage, mobilizing all the possibilities the stage has limitations)
- the next stage is the resistance to external impact
- at the last stage of power is running out and depletion occurs.
Initially, the stress and violation of adaptation was seen as a response to negative effect, later on these signs were recognized as a reaction and a positive impact. At this stage, the reserve forces and enhanced training to survive the impacts, but the resources of the organism at this stage is limited, he can cope with a new task, but if you have a small incentive.
After short-term stress all feeling and vivid moments long remembered, if stress continues for a long time (chronic stress), then the body starts to work on deterioration. During this period, faces the exacerbation of chronic diseases, develops hypertension, asthma, increased blood sugar levels and more.
Signs of stress depending on the resistance of the organism
- frequent-perception of information and lack of concentration during work
- often appears tired
- sense of humor is lost
- increased anxiety and irritation
- increases craving for alcohol
- changes the sexual behavior and more.
Symptoms of stress are the overwhelming number of modern people. Further study of stress development allows to predict the course or its offensive people.
Stress relief can be carried out independently
- to spend more time in my life to active employment
- to ensure healthy sleep
- lead a full active sex life
- when the state of nervousness and concern several times to take a deep breath with full chest.