displacement of the uterus below the legal limit when she is outside of the genital slit. Drooping or prolapse of the cervix as well as prolapse and prolapse of the vagina are related. The prolapse may occur alone, but often occurs before the prolapse and uterine prolapse. Prolapse is the relaxation of muscles and ligaments that surround and retain the uterus, with the result that it falls out of the vagina, often reaching to the genital slit or dropping out of it.
The symptoms of uterine prolapse
- nagging pain and a feeling of heaviness in the lower abdomen
- accidental urination during physical exertion, heavy lifting or coughing (laughter)
- pain and discomfort during urination
- discomfort during sexual intercourse
- pain in the lower back.
Prolapse of the uterus and vagina is of several forms. Distinguish full and incomplete hair loss. Incomplete uterine prolapse occurs when the cervix touches the genital slit, or falls beyond, but the uterine body still remains inside the vagina. Whole uterine prolapse occurs when the full exit from the vagina.
Causes of uterine prolapse are
- swelling of the perineum, which occurs in low activity at birth and prolonged attempts, the defects of the spine or spinal cord
- quick weight loss
- fast delivery
- hard physical labor
- insufficient protection of the perineum at the exit of the child from his mother’s womb
- age mothers over 35 years (mainly primiparous)
- untimely or incorrectly provided obstetric care
- failure of births to the instructions of the doctor and midwife
- childbirth using obstetric forceps or vacuum extraction
- the extraction of the fetus in the pelvis
Prolapse of the vaginal walls is diagnosed by a pelvic examination with careful two-handed vaginal study, when the doctor palpation reveals the dimensions of the ovaries, uterus and cervix, their mobility and the ratio, soreness and so on. Catheterization is performed if it is suspected a prolapsed bladder. With the help of palpation through the anus conducted a study on the existence of the falling of the walls of the rectum. Also performed ultrasound OMT.
When there is a prolapse of the vagina, the treatment produced a decrease of protein and fatty food and salt (up to three grams a day). Complement the diet with vegetables, fruits, cereals. Appointed physiotherapy, physiotherapy is the treatment with low frequency currents act on the bottom of the pelvis. Insert the ring in prolapse of the uterus, so that it played the role of her support. Also treat constipation, eliminate heavy physical exertion.
Surgical treatment of uterine prolapse is made by setting the clamp or synthetic loop under the urethra, eliminating urinary incontinence.
The essence of plastic surgery uterine prolapse is established in the removal of part of the vaginal walls to reduce area. As a result, it often happens that the vagina returns to its normal position.
Also carry out operations directed at the elimination of recurrence of prolapse of the vaginal walls. The resumption of the disease can occur not only after transvaginal hysterectomy, but after transabdominal. For sexually active women used plastic front and rear walls of the vagina, perineum with further fixation of the vaginal stump to the abdominal wall by laparoscopy and with the use of alloplastic.
Women who do not live a sexual life, the operation is performed almost the same median colporrhaphy, just for the front and rear walls of either one continuous flap instead of two. To surgery standard add the plastic back wall of the vagina and perineum.
Also produce strengthening the pelvic floor through the direction of synthetic mesh underneath the muscles, which are the ligaments of the pelvis. When uterine prolapse is the treatment created to maintain the pelvic organs in physiological position.
Treatment is the removal of the uterus with the cervix and without it. This loss of the vagina only applies to women in menopause, with its complete loss.
The attending physician is considering the possibility and appropriateness of restoration of menstrual function of the genital organs and genital. In the treatment of tested pathology sphincters of the bowel and bladder, and, of course, is the age of the patient.
Consequences and complications caused by the specified disease are
- the spread of infectious diseases of the urinary tract and reproductive organs
- discomfort and pain during sexual intercourse
- incontinence, poor urination
- the inflection of the ureter and bladder, leading to cystitis often, chronic renal failure, pyelonephritis, and urolithiasis, etc.
For the prevention of uterine prolapse should be control your weight, keep it within the rules to eat right by eating normal amounts of dairy products, fruits, vegetables and meat. You should limit the consumption of fried and fatty food and salt intake. It is advisable to conduct a series of exercises to strengthen the muscles of the pelvic floor
- do the handstand on the knees, and, holding the breath on the inhale, round the back and lignite the top of the head down. Hold it for a count of four. Add to all of the belly drawn in and contract muscles of the perineum. Then relax and cave in, on the inhale raise your head (do this up to 4 times)
- make a stand, as indicated in the first exercise. Next, rotate the pelvis first to one, then the other side. The breathing should be free (it takes 40 seconds of workout)
- lie on your stomach and in turn, raise straightened legs, also straining the muscles of the buttocks and perineum. Here breathing is arbitrary
- stay in the prone position, inhale and hold your breath. Further, as in the previous exercise, raise your legs in muscle tension
- select a comfortable position standing, sitting, lying. Cross your legs. On exhalation pull the feet apart
- sit on a hard chair, rounding the back. Tense the muscles of the anus when you exhale
- sit on the floor and bend your legs (knees together, shins apart). Squeeze strongly the knees, as you exhale try to pull them apart, opposing themselves. When you inhale draw them
- lie on your back, put your feet on a high chair. Lift the pelvis and enclose under it a cushion or pillow. So stay lying down for about five minutes.
Also for the prevention of disease is a very useful sport (if you are pregnant or in the postpartum state, be sure to pay attention to physical education). During pregnancy can and should be gynecological perineum. Discovered in time of infectious-inflammatory disease should be promptly treated.
Requires the exception of excessive exercise and regular visits to the gynecologist.