Good natural remedies for diarrhea focuses on understanding the causes of diarrhea and natural ways to gently stop diarrhea.
Diarrhea is one of the ways the body throws off an offending substance or pathogen. It is an abrupt detoxification process.
Now when a person goes to the bathroom and has one episode of diarrhea and then its gone, thats one thing. Its another thing to have several days of diarrhea where you run the risk of being severely dehydrated and depleting critical electrolytes that can become life threatening.
I am against any chemicals that abruptly stop diarrhea. Instead I learn toward easing cramping and pain while the body throws off whatever it is trying to get rid of.
Many different things can cause diarrhea:
- Food poisoning
- Crohns Disease, ulcerative colitis
- Spoiled fruit
- Rancid foods (such as those found in Chinese food buffets)
- Stress and emotional upset
- Food allergies
- Bacterial and viral infections
- Consumption of contaminated water
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Pancreatic Disease
- Alcohol poisoning caused by over drinking
My Natural Remedy for Diarrhea
- Make a soupy solution of warm rice water. Drink 3 cups a day. Add a chicken bullion cube if you dont like the taste of plain rice. Take 1 Charcoal Capsule
with each cup of soupy rice.
- Take 3 capsules of Norwegian Kelp
capsules to restore lost electrolyte minerals and eat one banana daily to replenish lost potassium.
- At bedtime, take one tablespoon of Psyllium Husk Powder in cool water to promote the formation of your stool.
- If you think that you have an infection or intestinal flu, add two Garlic capsules (3 X daily) to kill bacteria or viruses that are irritating your colon.
- Restore the friendly flora/bacteria in your colon by taking Acidophilus
tablets and keep them refrigerated.
- Drink plenty of Green Tea and avoid sugar in anything. Sugar irritates the colon, and the body floods the colon with water to throw off this poison. Sugar consumption will definitely extend the pain of diarrhea.