there is lung cancer, specifically, cancer of the pleura of the lung. Mesothelioma, another name for endothelioma a malignant tumor that develops directly from the mesothelium, which is the outer surface of the lungs – the epithelium covering the serous membranes.
The formation of a tumor in the lungs causes a disturbance of their operation, the growth raises the total pollution of the body with harmful toxins. Around each light there is fluid caused by inflammation, this fluid often mixed with blood. Cancer of the pleura characterized by the fact that the tumor develops and creates metastases, each metastasis is a new focus of infection in the body, including other organs.
Mesothelioma of the pleura very often found in people who had a lot of contact with asbestos, in some cases, even 20-50 years later. It is established that the main cause of this form of cancer caused by contact with natural mineral asbestos. A much less common cause of this disease is contact with other chemicals or with radiation.
- chest pain
- dry cough
- increased body temperature
- the weakening of the whole organism
- weight loss
- strong sweating, especially at night
- joint pain due to constant temperature
- shortness of breath
- heaviness in the chest (when serous fluid mixes with inflammatory fluid accumulates).
If the patient manifested all of the above symptoms, a doctor must conduct some additional research for the production of reliable diagnosis of pleural mesothelioma
- need to start gathering information about the patient’s life, especially if he was in contact with asbestos and other harmful chemicals
- we conducted a General inspection of his chest using a stethoscope on the subject of noise
- x-rays of the lungs can only detect the thickening of the outer shell of the lungs – the pleura. It can only be suspected but not yet diagnosed with cancer of the pleura
- computed tomography (CT) and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) allows much more accurate to study the shape, size, location, and other parameters of the tumor for accurate diagnosis
- if was discovered the liquid should be pumped out and sent to the cellular analysis of cell most often the analysis will give an accurate diagnosis
- thoracoscopy examination using the device a thoracoscope, which is a system of fiber optic cable and video cameras with high resolution that allows the doctor see the tumor and take a biopsy for analysis
- biopsy: part of the material of the tumor, examines its cellular composition
- positron emission tomography (PET) – study is performed in order to detect new metastases. They can be found on the cluster in all areas of the infected tissues, a special substance that is injected into the body intravenously. This substance contains the positron-emitting isotopes. After the introduction of the drug in the body with a special scanner displays the affected areas, as this substance, due to its properties, accumulates in these areas
- blood tests for the presence of tumor markers and mesothelioma, the number of which sharply increased in this disease.
surgery – mesothelioma can take two forms
- knotty mesothelioma grows as a localized node tissue may be removed surgically, what is the most effective method of treatment
- diffuse mesothelioma treatment this form is extremely difficult surgically because the tumor extends along the outer sheath of the lungs, obleplivaet easy. In this case, it is necessary to remove the pleura or the lung together with the pleura.
- the use of strong poisons that can successfully destroy tumor cells, and thus will cause moderate harm to the human body. This may stop the multiplication of cancer cells.
- radiation effectively destroys cancer cells and stops their reproduction, but can cause radiation sickness and death from radiation with excessive use.
After diagnosing the patient’s mesothelioma, he lives a maximum of eighteen months. The use of surgery as the most effective method possible only in the early stages of the disease and the condition of the local tissue damage. Other treatments slow the progression of the disease and provide temporary relief from health.