- The main symptoms of lumbago
- The reasons for the emergence and development of lumbago
- Diagnostic methods and methods of treatment of lumbago
acute pain in the lumbar region, accompanied by a tense condition of the muscles of the back. The disease is also known as lumbago.
In most cases, backache in the lower back develops on the basis of degenerative disc disease disease of the spine, associated with the gradual destruction of the discs between the vertebrae, which causes variations in the discs function as shock absorbers. Also the reason why developing a cross to the back may be herniated discs, manifesting itself by protrusion of the disc towards the spinal canal.
The main symptoms of lumbago
Experts identify the following symptomatic picture of the disease
- sudden sharp pain in the lumbar region, which is in the nature of attacks. May occur due to hypothermia, physical exertion. The duration of the pain can last up to several days
- the emergence of the limitations of flexion and extension of spine
- localized stress state of the muscles of the lumbar region
- a flexed position of the body because of the need.
The main forms of the disease
The cause of lumbago allows to allocate the following forms of lumbago
- the primary is in connection with the process of destruction of the vertebral tissues of the incremental nature
- the secondary may occur as a consequence of injuries of the spine, neoplastic processes in the spine.
The reasons for the emergence and development of lumbago
The main reason a person develops a lumbar low back pain lumbago. This process of gradual destruction of the tissues of the spine, which disrupted the cushioning function of the body. This disease is degenerative character.
Also lumbago can provoke the presence of a herniated disc.
The above causes of lumbago are irritate the receptors of the nervous system, which are arranged in the column of the spine, which leads to the beginning of the inflammatory process. This inflammation, in turn, is the cause of the pain and state of tonic tension of the spinal muscles in the lumbar region and muscles okolomatocnah region.
In addition to the above reasons, positively affect the development of the disease can physical exertion that causes the intervertebral discs microtrauma, hypothermia of the lower back, and stay long time in an uncomfortable position. In fewer cases, the disease is provoked by the injuries of vertebral region, of the disease, which are of a rheumatic nature, neoplastic processes of the spine.
Diagnostic methods and methods of treatment of lumbago
For diagnosis and establishing the patient’s lumbago, the following procedures and methods
- the drafting history of the disease, the collection and analysis of existing rights complaints
- examination by a specialist neurologist and allowing to establish the presence of signs of inflammation in the sciatic nerve, which may be disease-related lumbago, during the absence of pain
- the carrying out computer and magnetic resonance tomography. Using these methods, doctors can set the level of bulging of intervertebral disc towards spinal canal, to study the General principles of the structure of the spine, to identify signs of the destructive processes of the spine or the presence of cancer or fractures.
It is also possible implementation of consulting services from orthopedists, neurosurgeons, neurologists and spine.
Lumbago treatment is carried out as follows in moments of attacks is used drugs that provide analgesic effects, bed rest, use of medications relaxing the tense muscles of the lumbar spine, localized application of cold.
During absence seizures the following measures shall apply to the limitation and rationalization of physical loads on the spine, the implementation of massage areas of the back and neck, the use of exercises to strengthen the muscles of vertebrates, the use of vitamins for example b vitamins, therapies with the use of needles and the impact on the destructive processes in tissues of intervertebral discs is of local nature, the use of special corrective corsets with impact, the use of surgical measures in the case of a strong degree of damage to the intervertebral discs.
Complications in the progress of development of pathogenic processes can be an increase in the intensity of pain and decrease the interval between attacks of pain in the lumbar region.