The culprit of the disease is Toxoplasma gondii. This parasite belongs to the group of protozoa and has several phases of development. Intermediate phases occur in the organisms of domestic animals. To person the microbe enters in the form of cysts.
There are the following forms of the infection
- congenital, that is, one in which the infection occurs in the womb. In this case, the disease has enough tyazhlyy the nature of the flow and may cause malformations and even fetal death
- acquired (acute and chronic), which, in turn, can be
- lymphonodular, in which enlarged lymph nodes
- meningoencephalitis, characterized by headaches and abnormalities in the activity of the Central nervous system
- eye, when there is dysfunction of organs of vision
- heart, which appears weakness, shortness of breath and pain in the heart area
- generalized, which manifests itself in lesions of several organs simultaneously.
Toxoplasmosis infection is possible under these conditions
- the consumption of meat, which was not high-quality heat treatment or poorly washed raw vegetables
- through the blood
- intrauterine infection of the fetus through the placenta
- the ingress of the parasite to the mucous membranes by contact with cat excrement.
The incubation period depends on the type of infection. If the parasite entered the body with meat, it is from 10 to 23 days. In the case of infection through contact with feces of cats is less than 5 days.
Quite often a person develops toxoplasmosis, the symptoms of which are weak and sometimes not visible at all.
In the acute form of toxoplasmosis characterized by the following condition
- the body temperature of up to 39 degrees
- there is nausea, which is accompanied by vomiting
- muscle cramps
- enlarged lymph nodes, and liver selesnya
- impaired activity of the organs of vision.
The chronic form of toxoplasmosis is less striking manifestations
- body temperature rises to 37, sometimes 37.5 degrees
- the patient has a reduced activity, weakness
- lymph nodes increase.
In some cases, the disease develops such complications
- disorders of the Central nervous system
- weakness of the heart muscle and the development of arrhythmias
- atrophy of the optic nerve, which can lead to total blindness
- the decrease in the level of hemoglobin in the blood
- imbalance of bacterial flora in the body.
Toxoplasmosis in young children, brogna infection or lack of functionality of the affected organs and systems carry the potential of death.
One of the methods confirm the presence of this disease is serological analysis. The analysis for toxoplasmosis aim to study the blood picture, which shows the content of antibodies to Toxoplasma, the level of ESR, and also helps to determine the relative lymphocytosis. This gives you the ability to identify inflammation and allergic readiness.
A survey of the patient, which is aimed at identifying symptoms and their causes. Along with this you need to know in what conditions live and work the patient, the ill informed, what it eats and whether Pets.
A fairly accurate way of identifying genes of parasitic microflora in the blood is the polymerase chain reaction.
To confirm the diagnosis and help the reactions with Toxoplasma, which is inserted under the skin. If around that place where was made the injection of a weakened pathogen of the disease, there was swelling and redness, so people have already suffered the infection.
A stronger reaction may show the presence of disease in the human body. If after the introduction of the solution no changes have occurred, there is a threat of infection.
Taken into account and the results of bacteriological examination. Sowing dates, the ability to detect the microorganism in the patient’s blood.
If a person is discovered to have acute toxoplasmosis, the treatment should be not less than 12 months, in the chronic form – a minimum of 4 weeks.
The following types of therapy
- etiotropic treatment. It includes drugs that have a high level of toxicity, therefore, be appointed with caution, given the age of the patient and contraindications
- pathogenetic therapy with the use of drugs that normalize the microflora balance and prevent its violation, sorbents, multivitamins and herbal adaptogens
- symptomatic treatment aimed at elimination of symptoms of the disease to the required form e and severity.
Toxoplasmosis during pregnancy, in most cases, a medical indication for its interruption. If the pregnancy keep, is prescribed a course of therapy spiramizina.
The duration of the observation at the doctor depends on how severe was the disease. Children who recover from the acute form, are surveyed once a year for ten years from the date of recovery.
In order to detect toxoplasmosis in cats, they have to be checked regularly at the vet and feed them with food, eliminating the presence of harmful microorganisms.
In avoiding infection, should wash their hands with detergent after you have removed the cat’s excreta or worked with zemly.
It is very important not to contact with stray cats. Not to eat raw meat, and that has not passed sufficient heat treatment. Do not forget to wash vegetables.