The Best Vitamin and Mineral Supplement a little background:
In the past twenty plus years that I have been involved in helping people maintain their natural health, the quest for quality vitamin and mineral supplements has never ceased.
I have learned that if you overload people with a difficult health regimen, they will simply abandon it. So a simple approach is best? like choosing the best vitamin and mineral supplement to take on a daily basis. Best Vitamin and Mineral Supplement
In a perfect world, there would be only one best vitamin and mineral supplement? That would make it easy for everyone, but unfortunately, we are all different, and have different health needs. So a shot gun approach toward the best vitamin and mineral supplement is totally wrong.
In a health food store, you see just about every kind of health problem. Most of which could have been prevented. So needless to say, I believe that the best vitamin and mineral supplement forms the cornerstone of good health, along with a healthy diet. In a perfect world, everybody eats right. But I don’t believe that one size fits all?
I believe in targeted nutrients for specific age groups, genders and special health needs. A positive health response is proof that you are on the right track. When people say to me, really feel stronger, more energetics am sleeping better?I know that I they have the best vitamin and mineral supplement that is right for THEIR body. So I have broken down my comprehensive collection of the best vitamin and mineral supplement for each designated group and have placed high-end choices plus budget-minded choices for your benefit.
Best Vitamin and Mineral Supplement for Infants and Children up to Age 2:
Never give an infant or child under age two any vitamin not specifically designed for them. Two years and under is a critical development stage for major organs and tissues. Even a vitamin as common as Vitamin A can become quickly toxic to very young children if over prescribed. Focus on breast feeding and keeping your own body healthy and give this age group of children the most plentiful amount of organic baby foods possible.
The best vitamin and mineral supplement I have ever found for this age group is i suplemrnts nutritional it is a non-allergic, all natural multi-vitamin to boost the child’s protective immune system and get a head start on good, sound development.
Best Vitamin and Mineral Supplement for Children 2-12 years of age:
This age group is what I call the inicky eater?age group. Children develop their personalities and preferences during this stage of growth and can cause their mother great misery during mealtime. Every mother knows that a child that does not eat properly cannot grow properly. Some children would rather swallow a whole stick of butter than eat even a single green pea.
So the best vitamin and mineral supplement group that I have ever found to support this high growth stage in children is NSI Synergy PediaPower Children’s Chewable , which is a good tasting sugar free chewable that provides higher levels of important nutrients.
Best Vitamin and Mineral Supplement for Teenagers and Young Adults to Age 18:
The greatest threat to this age group is the damage sustained to their bodies caused by high sugar/starch consumption, which can lead to brittle bone develop (and later osteoporosis), encourage the development of juvenile diabetes, start the early stages of arteriosclerosis, promote depression and thoughts of suicide by the sugar blues? and strain the liver which is processing high levels of hormones leading to severe fatigue and poor sleep response.
I look for a multi-vitamin that covers all of the important bases: minerals for sound bone development and nervous system support for stress management, vitamins for major organ functions and learning/brain processes, special antioxidants to ward off accelerated aging and poor cell development, digestive enzymes to get maximum fuel from food and other vital immune boosting nutrients like Vitamin C, E, A, etc.
Choose the Iron Free versions of multi unless your pediatrician thinks that your son could really use some iron, or does not like iron rich foods, or has a poor diet that may certainly lack essential iron.
Some good choices for Boys:
- Natrol My Favorite Multi without Iron capsules for all boys, or the capsule version Natrol My Favorite Multi without Iron Capsule mixed in food or juice if they cannot swallow pills.
- NSI Synergy Basic Multi-Vitamin Version 2 for teenage boys that need basic vitamin/mineral coverage
- TwinLab Daily One No Iron Capsules 180 -Especially if one dose is all you can get in.
- Regular (with Iron) version of Natrol’s My Favorite Multi Original with Iron for pre-menstruating and actively menstruating girls. If they prefer capsules that can be opened and mixed with food, choose Natrol’s My Favorite Multi Original with Iron Capsules and put in chocolate milk or juice. 1000 mg. of calcium for bone development is in this formula.
- TwinLab Daily One Capsules with Iron-180
Depending on the weight of the child, give one quarter (1 tablet or capsule) of the regular dose on the label for lightweight children and two tablets, split dosages, for normal weight young adults. If your son or daughter is sickly, or craves sweets, then follow the full dosage instructions to correct widespread vitamin and mineral deficiencies caused by poor diet.
It can be very difficult to get teenagers to eat right. If osteoporosis runs in the family, give your daughter the full dosage and give her an additional two glasses of milk daily to meet her total bone requirements. Do not expect, especially at first, for your teenager to consistently take his or her own vitamins. You will have to make it a point to put the vitamins in front of them. As they begin to feel more relaxed and stronger, they will reach for them, but certainly not a first.
Best Vitamin and Mineral Supplement for Pre-Menopausal Women:
These women need to focus on stress management, maintaining a healthy body for pregnancy, and maintaining bone density. Since the growth stage of bone development is largely over at this phase of life, holding on to healthy bone density is very important. In the face of dark soft drink consumption, strontium pollution in the environment, low thyroid function and low calcium, zinc, and magnesium consumption due to dieting, this is not an easy task to achieve. Also, it is well known that antioxidants play a critical role in preventing heart disease. So needless to say, a good multi-vitamin is in order.
I have found good results with the following multi-vitamin complexes:
- On a budget, use NSI Synergy Once a Day Multi Version 2
- Use Natrol’s My Favorite Multi Original with Iron to cover most bone development concerns and all vitamin and mineral concerns, including replacing lost red blood cells.
- NSI Synergy Prenatal Multi-Vitamin for pregnancy planning/or pregnancy management.
- NSI Synergy Women’s Multi Version 4 for targeted female nutrients.
- Rainbow Light Advanced Nutritional Multi-Vitamin Super Comprehensive collection for highly stressed and run down women.
Best Vitamin and Mineral Supplement for Men’s Health:
All males, regardless of age are at risk for heart disease. This may sound strange, but autopsies performed on young males who were the victims of sudden death showed evidenced of the early signs of heart disease. So iron consumption in the diet (red meat, iron mineral supplements, etc.) is considered an independent risk factor for heart disease and cancer, especially in males and postmenopausal women who no longer lose blood in menstruation each month. Unless a man or postmenopausal women donates blood on a regular basis, iron is building up in the body.
My next biggest concerns with men, is correct zinc and copper levels to ward off erectile dysfunction, minerals to promote healthy blood pressure, correct blood cell formation nutrients and correct blend of antioxidants to ward off the oxidizing effects of rancid cholesterol that is rotting in their arteries. So the best vitamin and mineral supplements for this group has to cover these bases in order to effectively protect men’s health.
The best vitamin and mineral supplement choices for the men’s group are:
- On a budget, use NSI Synergy Once a Day Multi Version 2 for excellent antioxidant coverage.
- Country Life Max Multi for Men-Targeted men’s formula.
- Use Natrol My Favorite Multi without Iron capsules for comprehensive coverage.
- Nature’s Way Alive Multi-Whole Food Energizer No Iron Added for Super Comprehensive coverage and high energy.
- NSI Cardio-Lift Multi-Vitamin Version 5 for a special collection of nutrients aimed at protecting the heart and cardiovascular system. May also be used by postmenopausal women.
Best Vitamin and Mineral Supplement for Post Menopausal Women:
These women need to consider the same type of health concerns that affect their male counterparts. In other words, no iron in their vitamin and mineral supplement and all of the nutrients that focuses on anti-oxidant and immune protection to ward off disease, especially heart disease and hormone related cancers.
The best vitamin and mineral supplement choices for postmenopausal women are:
- NSI Synergy Women’s Multi Version 4 to comprehensively cover all of the bases in women’s health, including protecting breast tissue with isoflavones. This is a good choice also for women in that between?stage where they have not fully stopped their menses, or have suffered blood loss due to surgery.
- NSI Synergy Multi-Vitamin Version 10 -.
- Nature’s Way Alive Multi-Whole Food Energizer No Iron Added-Super Comprehensive Collection of Vitamins and Minerals, Whole Foods.
Best Vitamin and Mineral Supplement for Post Surgery, Autoimmune Disorders, Diabetes, Arthritis and Cancer Support:
This group of multi-vitamins addresses the special considerations of pain management, inflammation, tissue and cell renewal, and a chronically compromised immune system.
Some people who live under high stress, chronic pain, or have a family history (genetic predisposition) toward one of these disorders, will use one of the choices below to help ward off illness, or better manage their illness:
- NSI Synergy RX Multi-Vitamin for those on certain medications.
- NSI Synergy Multi-Vitamin Version 10 for comprehensive healing.
- NSI’s ArthPower Multi-Vitamin Version 4 for arthritis, autoimmune and inflammatory conditions such as Crohn’s Disease, SLE, and Multiple Sclerosis.
- Nature’s Way Alive Multi-Whole Food Energizer No Iron Added for Comprehensive Coverage and High Energy. Loaded formula.
- NSI Gluco-Power Multi-Vitamin for Diabetes Support.