Planetary fasciitis a disease in which inflamed soft tissue in the area where the plantar fascia attaches to the heel bone. This disease develops due to irritation of the periosteum of the calcaneus. It comes with a load or Microdrive the plantar fascia in a place where it is attached, with the further inflammation of this area. If in this place are deposited calcium salts, can form a heel spur. Usually fasciitis the most common cause of heel pain.
Most often plantar fasciitis occurs because of tension on the ligaments that support the arch of the foot. If you frequently load this bundle, then it will appear small tears, causing pain and swelling.
The development of the disease often contribute
- strong pronation that occurs when the exposed inside of the foot when walking
- excessively flat or high arch foot
- a long standing, walking or running on a firm surface
- long wearing too uncomfortable, or someone else’s worn shoes
- a constant tension of the muscles of the calf or Achilles tendon.
The most common manifestation of the disease is pain in foot when walking. Typically, plantar fasciitis manifests itself in the morning when the patient gets out of bed. But the night pain in the foot may be associated with tarsalis tunnel syndrome.
As a rule, diagnosis of fasciitis is carried out by the doctor based on clinical data obtained during examination of the patient, in particular his feet. Additionally, the doctor can make the clinical picture, based on the fact that the patient complains. To confirm the diagnosis definitively, it is necessary to do x-rays, and if fasciitis is diagnosed, treatment should start immediately.
Planetary fasciitis treated comprehensively, as no one method can’t be considered a hundred percent effective. Doctors recommend the following
- required regular rest for the feet. The patient must rest at the first sign of discomfort or pain in the legs. Should not be long to walk or stand on hard surfaces
- to reduce pain and swelling in the feet you can apply an ice massage. In addition to ice, will help such medicines as aspirin, ibuprofen or naproxen
- you need to be sure to wear comfortable shoes, preferably orthopedic. Can help special insoles, pads, or pads that need to be applied to both feet, even if you have only one leg.
If the above methods are ineffective, you can conduct a more intensive treatment in a place where there is pain are injections of steroid drugs, which combine with the local anesthetics action.