Good dandruff home remedies focus on understanding what causes dandruff and how to deal with it naturally.
Dandruff Home Remedies
Trust me, there is continued revenue in store for the dandruff shampoo manufacturers if your dandruff problem is not solved. All of the shampoo in the world will not cure dandruff. In fact Proctor and Gamble hope you keep dandruff for the rest of your life!
What is dandruff? What causes those pesky white flakes that show up on our clothes?
Dandruff occurs when the skin cells on the scalp abnormally divide too often and the dead cells are profusely shed. Any kind of abnormal cell division gets my attention and I go looking for answers.
From a health disorder perspective, intolerance to sugar, which leads to hormonal imbalances, is the most prominent cause of dandruff. This is also true for dermatitis and psoriasis suffers. The more sugar you eat, the worse your dandruff will be.
The following nutritional deficiencies are found in most dandruff sufferers:
- Selenium, which controls normal cell division, and protects one from cancer, which is abnormal cell division.
- Essential fatty acids (Omega 6, Omega 3, Omega 9) which must be derived from the diet, which a myriad of cellular processes in the body. EFAs are also involved in normal cell division and protection of cellular membranes. These are good fats that also protect your heart and immune system.
- Several vitamin and minerals, such as B vitamins and trace minerals, such as boron.
My Dandruff Home Remedies:
- To internally correct dandruff, take Natrol My Favorite Multi without Iron capsules icon, according to label instructions, and 3 gelcaps of NSI Complete EFA oil complex daily. The multivitamin has the correct level of selenium to correct the deficiency. Refrigerate the EFAs.
- It will take six weeks to kick dandruff in the head internally and correct underlying deficiencies. In the meantime, mix the juice of a half a lemon with organic peanut oil and apply to your scalp. Warm the oil in a bottle in a sink full of hot water and then apply it to your scalp, all over. Wrap your head with a moist towel. Drape your shoulders and sit for ten minutes. Then wash your hair with Natural Herbal Shampoo icon