sudden jerky movements of the muscles (a kind of hyperkinetic muscle contraction due to erroneous commands of the brain). Sometimes when exposed to the vocal apparatus may be accompanied by involuntary pronunciation of words or sounds. In the General case Tiki klassificeret depending on which muscles are involved in the pathological process. That is, there are vocal or facial tics, or those that affect the limbs. Also tics can be simple or complex. The first is characterized by normal muscle motion, and the second can involve a number of movements. The most common and characteristic tics today are generalized and local.
- Motor tics – virtually all the symptoms associated with involuntary muscle contractions, resembling blinking, tilting head, twitching eyelids or eyebrows, the twitch in his fingers, swinging legs, etc
depending on the origin
- hereditary (characterized by a syndrome of Gilles de La Tourette)
- primary (usually occur in children, particularly in boys. This may be a result of any injury of a psychological nature. Moreover, such a nervous TIC, the child can take only a few weeks, but a few years)
- secondary (usually develop after some significant brain damage, which interferes with the normal blood flow, there is intoxication and encephalitis)
from touching certain muscles
- tics of the limbs
as the prevalence of
- local (different involuntary touching of some muscles)
- generalized (involving some groups of muscles)
the shape of the flow
- complex (walking in a circle or from one side to the other, pulling hair or rolling their finger, etc.)
Tics can be caused by
- damage to the nervous system
- poor circulation in the brain
- migrated meningitis
- head injury
- high intracranial pressure
- emotional stress, fears, neurosis, depression, anxiety
- hereditary factor
- hyperkinesis (if the tick is accompanied by involuntary pronunciation of sounds, blinking or swallowing).
Usually when nervous tick to notice muscle contractions sudden and involuntary nature of the complex as simple or complex movements. In addition, for any tick of the typical irresistible, whatever he the intensity. That is, when the attempts to suppress it, the tension of nervous TIC will only increase.
Childhood tics and adult are localized in different ways. When the tick occurs on the face blink, open mouth, the movement of eyebrows, eye-rolling, wrinkling of the nose that is characteristic nervous twitch of the eye. Depending on the localization observed and the clicking tongue, teeth grinding, sagging chin, spitting and so on.
If the TIC occurs in the neck, there is a rotating head, nodding, neck stretching, involuntary head turning in different directions. Can also be a variety of hand movements, clenching of fists, the clicking fingers, loosening of the shoulder, etc.
When a tick appears in other parts of the body, it can protrude the pelvis, abdomen, chest and the rest of the body. Perhaps the twitching of the muscles of the buttocks or abdomen, or extremities of the legs or hands, their sudden movement.
Observed the so-called vocal tics, accompanied by the shouting of swear words or normal words. Or are these tics can manifest as coughing, making strange sounds like a barking dog or a grunting pig.
Sometimes there may be associated symptoms signaling the imbalance of the nervous system. That is, the most ocular tics may be accompanied by depression, anxiety, hyperactivity, anxiety, restlessness, trouble sleeping, incoordination, high fatigue. Often there are similar tics in children.
One way or another, but the intensity of ticks may vary, even change in a single day, which in turn, caused by a certain condition or circumstances.
In any case, if there is the appearance of a nervous TIC, it says that you need to contact the neurologist. Of course, a one-time visit to a doctor may not give positive results, so in order to establish the diagnosis, additional diagnostics in the form of tomograms, analofelogen and other things.
Treatment of ticks can be based on multiple methods (method of psychokinesiology, holotropic breathing) or on the medication. Of course, not always such methods help to get rid of ticks completely, but a definite treat nervous ticks actually no, as all depends on the individual characteristics of the organism. Much depends on the duration of the pathological process, and are assigned to certain drugs or treatments.
For preventive purposes, or at least eliminate the unpleasant symptoms you can use a few recommendations. In particular, need a long sleep for about 78 hours and significant holidays. In addition, it is necessary to avoid unpleasant emotions, a lot of time outdoors, attend positive places. And, moreover, it is necessary to follow so that no temperature, pain or mechanical irritation.