this is a lifetime process of formation of blood clots inside blood vessels, which can impede passage of free flow of blood throughout the circulatory system.
Damage blood vessels the body needs to use a fibrin and platelets (blood cells) in order to form a blood clot, called a thrombus, which prevents the loss of blood volume. In cases of abnormalities of blood clots are formed in the sphere of circulation, even without the process of vascular injury. Clots, freely circulating through a blood stream, are called emboli.
If the clots block more than 70% cross-sectional lumen of the arteries, reduced blood flow and oxygen to the tissues of the body, whereby comes the hypoxia and metabolic disorders of the accumulated products of metabolism in tissue cells. If the overlap is more than 95%, you may experience cell death due to the complete deprivation of oxygen.
Factors, influencing the development of thrombosis
This pathology is most common in the elderly, but in cases when a person leads unhealthy lifestyle, the risk of thrombosis is higher. A person may be overweight that most strongly increases the risk of pathology. In addition, the appearance of thrombosis is actively affected by poor performance techniques, operations, Smoking, certain medications that affect blood clotting, most often is hormones. Also thrombosis can occur in the case of hypothermia, the transfer of infections that damage the vascular walls.
If the known factors of disease must be known and prevention of thrombosis. So, in addition to correction of the diet (with the exception of products that affect the process of weight gain), people who have undergone any operation, you need to perform light physical exercises that help to improve the physical tension in the muscles of the limbs and venous blood flow. Before or after surgery, the patient is advised to take anticoagulants, which thin the blood, and the physician should instruct on the correct use of knee-length socks or socks that have a compression effect and tightening up.
This pathology, called thrombosis, the symptoms are detected not in a moment, because it develops gradually. So to define this pathology, we need to pay attention to such defects as swelling of the legs in the lower thirds, but if the thrombosis has spread to higher portions of the legs, and the swell will be completely whole leg. Can appear pain in the groin. There is an intermittent symptom of thrombosis of muscle pain in the calf region, which can increase during flexion of the ankle joints. If the pain is identified, together with edema should immediately consult a physician.
In addition to these, there are also symptoms such as increased sensitivity of the skin on the extremities, and the skin around where the clot is located, is warmer and tinged with red, in contrast to the surrounding parcels.
There are cases when the thrombosis occurs without symptoms and then, as a rule, it is detected in the developments of various complications, for example, there is a pulmonary embolism, resulting sometimes sudden shortness of breath, feeling of inability to breathe, dizziness, possible unconsciousness. In the presence of such symptoms should immediately call an ambulance.
Treatment of thrombosis always depends on factors, due to which it evolved, and the degree of complications and the age of the person. In normal situations, in the case of strong attachment of the thrombus to the vessel walls, and when there is no danger of separation of the clot, is assigned to drug therapy. When there is a risk of tearing off the blood clot, then the patient is recommended surgical intervention.
The types of pathology
Depending on the degree of complications and some other factors distinguish the following forms of the disease
- venous thrombosis disease is accompanied by the formations of blood clots in veins that are partially or even entirely clog these vessels. Most often, in practice, health workers met deep vein thrombosis of the legs, which appeared due to broken blood outflow, the vein, occluded by a blood clot, but because of the stagnation of blood there is swelling and bluish discoloration of the skin in the area of blockage
- thrombosis of the limbs, caused due to late diagnosis of the first stage of emergence of this pathology
- deep thrombosis is the most dangerous form, which may occur the phenomenon of a floating thrombus with its consistent margin, which leads to massive thromboembolism due to which the patient immediately dies
- thrombosis of the lower extremities, this phenomenon, when in the limit of deep veins of lower limbs or pelvic region consists of one or more blood clots, which can become inflamed vessel wall, disrupted venous outflow, there is a trophic disorder of the lower limb, and a phlegmon of the thigh
- deep vein thrombosis occurs in 15-25% of the total population, and its prevalence is from 40 to 150 cases per 10 000 population. If treatment is not available, 4-17% of cases, death occurs from deep vein thrombosis. Men affected by this disease more than women
- the thrombosis can be detected only by the therapist and to ask the patient to undergo annual diagnostic screening test for DVT, and to prevent it needs to recommend to take magnesium, which prevents blood clots and maintains high blood flow.