- Why develop a yeast infection?
- What is a yeast infection?
- Diagnosis of thrush
- Candidiasis how to treat?
Candidiasis, or simply thrush is familiar to most, both women and men. The disease (thrush) appears for the first time at an early age, from 15 to 25 years, and subsequently flows into chronic, difficult giving in to treatment. If you suspect that you have signs of a yeast infection should always consult a doctor gynecologist, urologist, dermatologist, who will prescribe an effective treatment of thrush. But in many cases yeast infection treatment ends with relapse of the disease, which is associated with various disorders of hygiene, sanitation, diet, lifestyle, late treatment to the doctor, etc. This article will tell you how to get rid of yeast infection forever, to forget about the discomfort associated with the disease.
Self-treatment is dangerous for your health. Schedule a consultation to the gynecologist and enjoy great special offers
it is prone to chronicity of infectious disease caused by the colonization of mucous membranes and skin of man yeast fungi of the genus
Just a family of fungi
over 150 mushroom species, 20 of which can be observed in humans. And yet, 90% of all cases of the disease thrush develops as a result of infection with fungus
The fungus is classified as conditionally pathogenic microorganisms. This means that the fungus is part of the microflora of the oral mucosa, and vagina (in women), but in an environment favorable for the life of the fungus, appear the first signs of yeast infection itching of the genitals and cheesy vaginal discharge.
How does thrush is known to all, the only difference is that in women the disease occurs in the form of
(colpitis), and the man
(inflammation of the glans and foreskin of the penis).
Why develop a yeast infection?
If there is such a sickness as thrush symptoms, treatment and prevention of the disease depend on the reasons that caused it. Plus, how to treat thrush without knowing its causes? Statistics show that 80% of pregnant women are the owners of and carriers of Candida. It is therefore a primary infection of the fungi is during delivery when the baby passes through the birth canal of the mother or during the first year of life, during feeding and baby care.
The main route of secondary transmission of infection is sexual contact with a carrier of fungus. In this case, the probability of catching a yeast infection approaching 100%. In addition, the fungus can enter the body by contact-household through bedding, towels, household items, food (curd, cheese, sour cream, meat, fruits and vegetables). A kind of vectors can be animals kittens, poultry, calves etc.
But, as mentioned above, the presence of Candida in the body does not mean that developed the disease. Thrush develops when the amount of fungi in the body drastically exceeds a certain threshold that can be caused by different provoking factors.
External factors that can cause the symptoms of candidiasis
- administration of drugs with antibacterial action, the use of oral contraceptives, prolonged corticosteroid treatment and cytotoxic drugs (more than a week)
- damage to the mucous membranes and skin (injuries, prompt diagnostic and therapeutic intervention)
- contact with mucous membranes and skin of various chemicals (solvents, alkali, acid)
- the effect of radiation.
Internal factors that can cause the symptoms of candidiasis
- diseases accompanied by metabolic disorders in the body (obesity, goiter, diabetes, etc.)
- diseases associated with changes in hormonal levels (thyroid, Hypo – and hyperthyroidism, etc.)
- the presence of infectious diseases with a chronic course (AIDS, HIV infection, tuberculosis)
- pregnancy and a weak immune system in infancy and old age.
Factors that contribute to the chronicity of the inflammatory process for thrush
- a diet consisting of mainly fast carbs and fats
- sexual relationships, the neglect of the means of contraception (condoms)
- the prevalence in the wardrobe of synthetic underwear and clothes
- use as a contraception solutions and gels of local antiseptics
- excessive gel for intimate hygiene with antibacterial properties
- neglect of personal hygiene
- passion vaginal shower (water can contain a variety of microbial agents).
What is a yeast infection?
How to cure yeast infection in women if you do not know the symptoms? The symptoms of yeast infection in women are vaginitis inflammation of the vaginal walls. Therefore yeast infection in women is called vaginal candidiasis.
Vaginal candidiasis (women)
- sudden increase in vaginal discharge
- specific secreted from the vagina of allocation curd, white in color, with a characteristic sour smell
- burning sensation and sometimes unbearable itching of the external genitalia
- a marked increase in sensitivity, soreness, swelling and redness of the external genitalia
- itchy sensation during urination
- the sexual act is accompanied by itching, discomfort, burning and pain.
How to treat thrush in men, not knowing the symptoms? Men in the case of candidiasis, the symptoms manifested by inflammation of the foreskin and the skin of the glans penis, balanoposthitis occurs.
The symptoms of yeast infection in men
- swelling, redness and swelling of the glans and foreskin later
- burning and soreness of the glans penis and the skin around
- whitish plaque on the glans penis
- itching during urination
- pain and discomfort during sexual intercourse due to mechanical irritation of the affected surface.
In the case of candidiasis, the symptoms of the disease may be complicated by the development of concomitant infectious inflammatory processes.
The consequences of thrush in women include
- join a secondary genital infections due to weakened immune system
- the appearance of painful erosions of the vaginal mucosa
- the menstrual cycle
- inflammatory processes in the cervix.
The consequences of thrush in men is no less dangerous than among women. Chronic candidiasis in men can result in the development of
that can lead to
Diagnosis of thrush
Today it is known how to identify thrush. For this prescribed
with vaginal and urethral smears, which also allows to determine the sensitivity of the fungus to therapy that facilitates the treatment of candidiasis. To determine the originator you can also use
detection of DNA of the pathogen in the material.
Candidiasis how to treat?
All patients want to know how to get rid of thrush, but there are nuances. Yeast infection treatment requires special attention to the observance of all the conditions of sanitation and hygiene, as neglect will lead to relapse.
And, of course, how to deal with yeast infection if treatment for candidiasis will be carried out unilaterally, that is, only one partner. Of course, that in any way. A comprehensive treatment of yeast infection requires a mandatory treatment for all sexual partners of the patient, despite the fact that they have the symptoms of the disease may be absent.
When we found the disease, of course we want to know how to quickly cure thrush, but, unfortunately, its treatment requires time and patience. If you want to know how to get rid of candidiasis permanently, you should pay attention to the following activities, and even better to apply them in practice
- mandatory disinfection of underwear and bed and bath, during which the destruction of the remaining on them spores of the fungus
- stop using the clothes and underwear made of synthetic fabrics, due to their low air-permeable, which impairs the heat transfer and sweating, occurring greenhouse effect
- the rejection of the perfumed detergents, antibacterial agents for personal hygiene, scented tampons and pads, as contained in these substances contribute to the violation of the vaginal microflora
- the refusal of the hormonal oral contraceptive
- the rejection of fat-soluble lubricants and greases, to give water-soluble advantage, because they are less affect the microflora
- abstinence from sexual contact at the time of therapy, the mandatory use of condoms.
Many commercials are misleading, telling how quickly get rid of yeast infection with a single pill. How to get rid of yeast infection, know doctors, because they know the time the spores Mature candid 2 weeks. Therefore, the treatment of the disease must go through several stages to fully cleanse the body of fungus.
So, how to cure yeast infection it is unknown how to cure candidiasis and forget about it. For this it is mandatory to pass tests to confirm the diagnosis and show
who will appoint a staged treatment regimen consisting of
- antifungal drugs for oral administration (fluconazole, Diflucan, Nystatin, Diflucan, etc.)
- antifungal vaginal suppositories and ointments (Clotrimazole, Pimafucort)
- fungicidal solutions (“white”)
- pre-and probiotics suppositories and capsules, immunomodulators (Vaginak, Laktovit, Viferon).
And if many don’t know how to cure yeast infection forever, some of it is just not possible, as an obligatory condition of successful treatment is compliance
requiring the exclusion of simple carbohydrates, molds of cheese, beer, due to the fact that these foods may trigger a relapse of the disease.