stands out among small disorders in human health that occur with monotonous exhausting and painful. Subluxation is an acquired condition that disturbs the normal functioning of the joint, but also leads to limitation of the body part that has been dislocated. This limitation usually over time is characterized by slight pain and difficulty performing some simple movements.
Very often people tend to think of this as normal, and it is this superficial attitude to this issue due to several reasons, among which are the following
- lack of information about the presence of subluxation
- lack of knowledge and understanding of the harmful effects of prolonged subluxation
- the insignificance of the violations, which is ready to accept people, but would not go to a specialist
- complacency with words self-will
- unwillingness to pay attention to the small problem.
For these reasons, doctors often have to deal with extremely advanced cases, regardless of the area of the subluxation this may be a subluxation of the cervical vertebra, and a simple subluxation.
Subluxation is a condition of the joint, wherein the joint surface away from each other while maintaining the point of contact. Subluxations are characterized by different violations of normal articular function.
Dislocation and subluxation occur at any age from newborns to seniors. However, the subluxation in a child is extremely rare, and has clinical manifestation, which is different from symptoms in adults, where the subluxations occur more frequently.
The incidence of dislocations and subluxations directly depends on the following parameters
- the condition of the bags in the joints, tendons and ligaments
- the required functions of body parts and joint characteristics.
The maximum of these factors apply to adults who have a fully formed ligament, bones, tendons and joints. Therefore, for teenagers and for adults, the most frequent localization of dislocations is clavicular, elbow and shoulder joints, and subluxation of the hip joint, subluxation of Atlanta, subluxation of the foot, as well as subluxation of the vertebral rotation and subluxation.
Today, there are two main categories of dislocations and subluxations
In addition, subluxations and dislocations are divided according to the number of the involved joint, its type, and combinations with other types of damage (injury, fracture). Every joint in the human body has its own function and characteristics, which determine the uniqueness of the symptoms.
Congenital subluxation developed in connection with the violation of fetal development, often dislocations occur in the hip joint. And acquired dislocations and subluxations are formed by two main risk factors
- any disease of the musculoskeletal system
- traumatic exposure.
The traumatic formation of dislocations and subluxations caused by the implementation of normal and high loads. The subluxation directly result in sudden jerks, falls, prolonged hover, shocks etc. Subluxations and dislocations of the joints also can form during the flow of such diseases as
Traumatic subluxations can be isolated and combined. Often subluxations are combined with fracture of bones, rupture of the capsules, muscles, tendons, ligaments, and injuries of the nervous branches and the vascular bed.
Adults are prone to developing subluxations and dislocations in these joints
Most susceptible to dislocations of joints with maximum mobility, so it is often damaged lower and upper extremities, the toes and hands, jaws, ankles and spine. Dislocation disrupts the anatomy, the location of vessels and nerves, interrupting the normal innervation and circulation. For this reason, the displacement of the joints can lead to threatening condition, for example the compression of blood vessels and nerves as a result of whiplash.
The symptoms of subluxation are manifested in the following
- piercing, sharp, sharp pain cutting and stabbing nature in the area of vivanativa joint
- change the appearance and normal shape of the joint
- redness and swelling and feeling of heat inside
- limitation of motion of vivanta joint.
- Radiography in two projections
- computed tomography
- necessary to determine the sensitivity, peripheral pulses in the limb
- the use of analgesics
- immobilization of the limb.
The treatment of subluxation consists of three main stages
- immediate first aid must take place immediately after injuries, to mitigate the impact as much as possible, and subsequently provide the optimal reduction of dislocation of a specialist. First and foremost should be possible to immobilize the joint by means of the bus or improvised blanket, clothing, scarf, and an elongated, straight object (arm, stick pin). Then you should put something cold on a dislocated place. In this case, you can use the ice pack, ice water in the warmer, or just a cloth soaked in cold water
- reduction of dislocation and subluxation. This should be done exclusively by a qualified specialist (orthopaedist and trauma surgeon, or chiropractor). In no case do not try to force the joint back in myself, because improper technique reposition may lead to rupture of ligaments or dislocation
- various supportive measures aimed at rehabilitation after dislocation or subluxation. The duration depends on the complexity of damage.
Complex rehabilitation includes the following methods
- medicinal products (regenerating, vitamins, pain reliever)
The patient with reduced joint it is imperative to avoid any physical activity, gradually returning to the normal use of the affected joint. Physiotherapy should run in day mode and after the completion of all rehabilitation measures, which will subsequently strengthen the ligaments and muscles, thereby preventing the recurrence of subluxation.
This sequence refers to the injury of any joint of varying degrees of complexity and severity.