a malignant tumor that develops in the tissue of the testicles. The disease occurs mostly in men between 14 and 40 years, although the tumor can develop at any age.
Symptoms of testicular cancer are
- in the testis appear painful areas, which was not there before or they were present, but began to change in size
- there was a feeling of heaviness in the scrotum or pain in the lower abdomen
- there is a pain in the back
- testicles swollen and sore
- increase one or two Breasts in men
- gastrointestinal diseases
- weight loss
- the feeling of the tumor during palpation.
Testicular cancer in its form and its structure is diverse, but there are a few of the most common forms and symptoms of testicular cancer. Namely
- seminoma tumor. Unilateral tumor, which manifests itself pain in the testicle and increase it. On other organs this type of the disease is not spread
- diseminada tumor. Most often this disease affects not only one body but also causes tumors in nearby organs.
These types of tumors react to treatment differently. Therefore, each form of testicular cancer has its own treatment of the different methods and ways that are most effective.
The reasons for the development of testicular cancer
- the presence of cryptorchidism (undescended testicle disease). Even if the child had surgery to correct the disease, it is still the risk of cancer remains
- heredity. If the disease is met with relatives, the risk of developing it increases
- injuries of the scrotum
- if the cancer is in one egg, then it is possible its development in the second
- underdevelopment of testicles
- race and body Constitution
- diseases that cause damage to the testicles
- the radiation exposure.
- Analysis of the diseases and complaints of the patient. The physician should specify when the first symptoms of testicular cancer in men, whether educated in the egg by touching it increased his size and stuff
- the history of life. It is necessary to clarify whether a person has the disease, which can lead to cancer, injuries to the testicles
- it is also necessary to clarify the genetic factor (whether the relatives in the male line testicular cancer or not)
- perform inspection and palpation of abdomen and scrotum
- ultrasound done to determine whether internal organs are any changes
- chest x-ray
- you should consult with your oncologist.
Treatment of testicular cancer in men is carried out in several ways depending on the type and the extent of the disease
- remove the testicle along the spermatic cord (arhitekturnomu)
- and remove lymph nodes that are located in the abdomen (lymph node dissection)
- radiation therapy
- chemotherapy (the treatment of tumors and slowing the development of cancer cells with cytotoxic drugs).
The last two methods are the most effective in the treatment of testicular cancer.
Testicular cancer prognosis and consequences
- some patients have tumor in the other testicle
- a man may remain barren (with the removal of the two testicles)
- cancer cells can move to other internal organs, leading to disruption to their normal work
For prevention of testicular cancer you must constantly inspect and feeling, preferably in a warm place, the skin of the scrotum was relaxed. To undergo regular inspection at the urologist and to consult a doctor in identifying the first symptoms. Quickly to treat undescended testicle, preferably before the age of three years. To prevent injury to the scrotum. Eat right and drop bad habits.