Sinusitis – z
zabolevanie is an inflammation of the mucosal surface, which centralized of the paranasal sinuses. Statistically ENT records testimony in about 30 percent cases of cold.
- acute purulent inflammatory process occurs in the frontal paranasal sinus
- etmoidit localization of inflammation in the ethmoid labyrinth is very common
- steroidit inflammatory process proceeds directly to the sphenoid sinus
- sinusitis inflammation localized in the paranasal sinus.
Disease sinusitis is characterized by a number of reasons, so he refers to a number of politologichni diseases. In General, it begins to evolve when reduced protective function of the mucosa in the sinuses and adjacent membranes, which is accompanied by disorders of the immune system. Besides, the reasons can be the anatomical structure polyphonie growths in the nose, congenital deformity of the nasal septum and so on.
Inflammation in the nasal region may be caused by bacterial microflora or viruses. Among these it is possible to allocate fairly common parainfluenza, adenovirus, respiratory intitially virus, Streptococcus, E. coli, Haemophilus coli, Moraxella, the fungus Candida or Aspergillus.
There are chronic and acute sinusitis.
For any type of sinusitis, the symptoms are almost identical.
The main symptoms of sinusitis
- purulent discharge
- swelling of the mucous membrane in the nose, and sometimes swelling of the cheeks or eyelids
- difficulty breathing through the nasal passages with either side
- temperature rise
- headaches of various kinds, especially worse when the head tilts in one direction or another, as well as the sudden movements
- indicators of inflammation in the blood.
So, if you have the above symptoms of sinusitis, it is necessary to carry out diagnostics that can be in the form of endoscopy, diagnostic puncture, computer tomography or retinogram.
We should also mention chronic sinusitis, which can be a consequence of the prolonged inflammation. That is, it can be an inflammation more than a month or several months. Moreover, if the sinusitis occurs in children, it is necessary to immediately implement a treatment to prevent chronic.
Usually acute sinusitis that is not treated and has a lasting effect develops into a chronic, having the same symptoms and the entire clinical picture. The danger lies in the fact that long neglect of the disease will lead to the fact that it would be impossible to cure completely.
Primarily in the treatment of sinusitis begins with determining the extent and form of the disease. In any case, if the first manifest symptoms of sinusitis, the treatment should be carried out immediately. What is it? The main task is to eliminate a suppurative focus in the paranasal sinuses and restore the patency of the holes, i.e., the normal functioning of the entire mucosa of the nose.
Drug therapy of sinusitis
- antibiotics as practice shows, are the most effective and broad spectrum of action, it can be betalactam penicillins, combined with betalactamases (Amoxiclav, Augmentin), fluoroquinolones, macrolides (Sumamed, klacid), cephalosporins (cefixime, Cefotaxime, ceftazidime)
- mucolytics acetylcysteine, sinupret, rinofluimutsil
- drugs that produce a vasoconstrictor effect sanorin, naphazoline, galazolin, etc., are used for local treatment to restore the patency and correct functioning of the nose
Acute sinusitis is often treated with the application of physiotherapy it can be microwave therapy, ultrahigh-frequency therapy and ultraviolet irradiation. Can also take place and radical methods, such as puncture of the sinuses, that is, their puncture. This method is used in the case that suffers from strong headaches and high fever, and all conducted conservative treatment does not give positive result.