it is a chronic disease occurring inflammatory by affecting the scalp and body where there are sebaceous glands. The skin plays a major role in the human body in release of toxins and impurities. Violation of the hormonal balance of the body regulating the number and property of sebum, everyday stresses, infections leading to impaired immune response. This can lead to an exacerbation of the disease due to reproduction of fungi on the body surface.
Seborrheic dermatitis klassificeret for the following types
- congenital dermatitis (caused due to genetic predisposition, the sebaceous glands produce too much sebum)
- acquired dermatitis (impaired function of the sebaceous glands triggered due to problems of the gastrointestinal tract, the brain vessels, disorders of the immune system).
Factors, influencing the development of seborrheic dermatitis
- The internal factors. Stress, CNS, Parkinson’s disease, paralysis of trunk, often associated with exacerbations of seborrheic dermatitis. Patients suffering from these diseases, seborrheic dermatitis is often the result of accumulation of sebum in the skin due to a limitation of physical activity.
- External factors
External factors that provoke the development of seborrhea, are winter, use alkaline detergents, excessive sweating, the presence of dermatitis, a family history.
The required number of yeast fungi in the body is concentrated on the scalp and torso around the sebaceous glands, using the growth and reproduction of their secret. In the event of failure of the body to control the growth of fungi was observed the development of the disease.
Observed that fungi possess lipase activity. It is the cause of the action of lipolytic enzymes, which break down sebum to free fatty acids. They are necessary for hair growth, and cause skin inflammation. There is a possibility that seborrheic dermatitis is manifested as an inflammatory reaction of the body to these organisms.
Seborrheic dermatitis manifests with the following symptoms
- the flaking of the scalp, inflammation, itching
- seborrheic dermatitis of the scalp, eyebrows, creases around the nose and lips, the beard and mustache, mainly manifested symmetrically
- the appearance of small light flakes, sometimes large dry seborrhea skin without obvious inflammatory signs
- in severe manifestations appear erythematous plaques origin, which are covered with greasy scales that sometimes crusts after scratching
- burning sensation on the areas affected skin
- sometimes it may be a manifestation of papules on the cheeks, forehead, folds of the face due to infiltration of inflammatory spots.
The majority of patients noticing dandruff and itching, I assume that this is caused due to dry scalp and rarely try to wash my hair. On the contrary, it is the cause of the further development of skin inflammation, the appearance of an even greater number of scales, increase of dandruff. Sometimes a great layering inflammation erythema impossible to visually notice.
Men suffering from seborrheic dermatitis, while growing my beard and mustache only aggravate the disease. When removing hair on the face, the disease regresses.
The recommended treatment of seborrheic dermatitis
- proper diet to restore the normal functioning of the digestive tract
- prevention of stagnation of bile
- treatment of dysbacteriosis in case of its availability
- treatment of various long lasting infections (caries, tonsillitis), which will lead to the improvement of the skin
- the popular treatment
- identification of sex hormones in the blood, in case of detection of deviations special treatment
- when seborrheic dermatitis for treatment using anti-fungal drugs that accumulate in the skin layers
- the use of vitamins
- the use of antihistamines, a new generation, if the process provoking allergens
- it is not recommended to use preparations containing hormones during the rapid effect of inflammation they are addictive, the development of side effects (skin atrophy)
- for the treatment of medicines containing zinc, salicylic acid, medical tar. They contribute to slow propagation of the fungus, a beneficial effect on the skin, drying with her and removing irritation. Prolonged use of salicylic acid disrupted the sebaceous and sweat glands, which can lead to excessive dryness of the skin and further inflammation. Medical tar slows the growth of new cells, but it has almost no effect on the fungus. To eliminate specific smell of tar is added to shampoos.
The patient generally worsens in winter, in summer the disease is easier. This factor is used in the treatment of seborrheic dermatitis. To reduce inflammation and redness on the skin results in metered-dose irradiation of the ultraviolet lamps.
When seborrheic dermatitis on the face treatment should start with proper hygiene. It is desirable to eliminate the use of water when washing, use a gentle skin lotions, cleansing milk.
Depending on the type of seborrhea, apply the appropriate types of products. Dry seborrheic dermatitis treated with fatty ointments, in the case of liquid type of seborrhea (oily type) use mash and gentle lotions. Also, to increase the effectiveness of treatment alternate fungicide and anti-anxiety medications.
When seborrheic formations on the eyelids they should be removed carefully with a swab soaked in a special ophthalmic liquids.
In the case of seborrhoea of the hair of the head is recommended to alternate the use of therapeutic shampoos between tar, antifungal, zinc. Apply ketoconazole at a dosage of 2% to eliminate the causative agent of the disease.
To avoid skin dryness and discomfort, you can use ketoconazole as a cream it is easier to apply, highly effective, does not cause dryness of the skin. Frequent washing of the scalp leads to her degradation, contributes to the rapid loss of hair. So there are drugs that should be applied to dry hair. When seborrheic dermatitis on the face and body easy to apply whipped foam.
When you are Troubleshooting the apparent symptoms of the disease prescribed physical therapy head massage that improves the nutrition of skin tissue, long-term preservation of the hair.
In addition to the above treatments do not break the diet, to spoil a healthy diet. Should give up bad habits, excessive consumption of oily, spicy food, high doses of caffeine and chocolate. Maintaining the proper ratio of work and rest, avoidance of stress will improve the quality of life and prevent further disease.