this disease of the skin (chronic), prone to relapses. It is characterized by redness, pustules, bumps on the face, as well as the expansion of the capillary network and the appearance of spider veins. Usually affects people aged 30-50 years, often women. Progressing, the disease of rosacea may affect the skin behind the ears, eyes and chest. Rosacea is a disease with a genetic predisposition, but at the heart of its development is the changes in tone of small arteries of the skin that are caused by different factors.
Consider some of the causes of rosacea of the skin
- physical (exposure to cold or heat, exposure to the sun)
- alimentary (use of spices, hot drinks, alcohol).
- diseases of the digestive tract
- infectious diseases of the skin
- mites of the genus Demodex
- pathology of the endocrine system
- external corticosteroids
- the change in the immune status of the organism.
The symptoms of rosacea
- redness of the face (nose, forehead, cheeks and chin), sometimes spreading to back and chest
- rashes on the face on the red skin formed bumps are pink in color (papules), turning over time the pustules (pimples, pustules, blackheads)
- in the area of redness of the facial skin significantly thickens
- vasodilatation and the appearance of the vascular network (red)
- rhinophyma (often in men) redness and thickening of the skin on the nose
- eye damage (50% of cases) dryness, redness, stinging, feeling of sand in eyes.
Clinical forms of rosacea on the face
- steroid that occurs after the use of corticosteroids (topically)
- supoena (granulomatous) – presented in the form of red papules with distinct borders, whose diameter is 2-4 mm. In close proximity they form a hummocky surface, and localized usually in the region of the mouth and eyes
- conglobata which is characterized by the appearance of red-brown and bluish-red knots, whose diameter is 1.5-2 cm
- fulminant – sudden appearance of skin papules, bluish-red erythema, large knots, and pustules on a background of edema. Are placed on the skin of the cheeks, forehead and chin
- gram-negative – called gram-negative flora (Proteus, Pseudomonas, Klebsiella)
- oftalmologica, is a complication of rosacea, which are involved in pathological process of the eyes (iritis, chalazion, blepharitis).
Usually the doctor can make a diagnosis based on the patient’s appearance. Besides, the study recommended the following blood parameters
- biochemical analysis of blood
- General analysis of blood
- lipid profile
- markers of systemic inflammation.
To determine the condition of the vessels of the skin, inflammatory and stagnation, as well as telangiectasias, a dermatologist applies the method of Dermoscopy (examination with a special apparatus)
For rosacea a dermatologist on the basis of complaints of the patient, the shape and course of the disease to tailor a treatment programme.
In order to remove the clinical manifestations of rosacea, apply anti-inflammatory drugs such as corticosteroids (glucocorticoids), and NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs). In addition, the complex of measures for the treatment of rosacea is aimed at addressing the causes of the disease. The therapy includes the following groups of drugs
- antibacterial (for local and General use)
- sebosuppressive (antiandrogens, retinoids)
- drugs that normalize keratinization (tretinoin, hydroxy acids).
You also need to minimize the factors that trigger rosacea (alcohol, overheating in the sun, spices, etc.). It is advisable to stick to the diet, allowing you to significantly speed up the healing process. Therefore, it is necessary to refuse from salty, spicy, conservation, vinegar, flour, pears, grapes, tangerine, coffee. It is recommended to eat fish, lean boiled meat (or steamed), boiled eggs, potatoes, cereals, vegetable oil and butter, cucumbers, beans, carrots, cabbage, beets, parsley, dill, rhubarb, plums, apples, berries and dairy products.
If time does not treat rosacea, chances of worsening of the disease, which will lead to a change in the structure of skin and its total restructuring.