malignant tumor affecting the cells of the prostate gland. The treatment of prostate cancer involves several basic methods. They belong to the tactic of waiting and observation, which applies in case of slow progress of tumor process and positive prognosis of prostate cancer. Also, this tactic is used in the treatment of elderly patients or in case of development of a pathology associated character, which is clearly expressed clinical picture.
Experts distinguish the following symptoms of prostate cancer
- the occurrence of pain in the perineum during ejaculation or urine excretion. In some cases, may cause burning sensation
- the progress of disorders in the process of urination
- the appearance of frequent urination. Frequency of urination increases at night
- the presence of difficulties at the beginning and end of urination
- urine stream is weak or intermittent
- symptoms of urinary incontinence
- occurrence of sensations that the bladder is not fully emptied
- the appearance of blood in the urine
- the occurrence of pain in the sacrum, back, and ribs. This symptom is a sign of the development of neoplastic processes in the bones
- the presence of blood in semen.
Also such manifestations of the disease like weight loss, loss of appetite, feeling of weakness the patient.
The prevalence of neoplastic processes allows professionals to highlight the following extent of prostate cancer
- 1 the extent of the tumor cannot be diagnosed because of the microscopic size of tumors
- 2 the extent of the disease neoplastic processes localized in the prostate region. To detect the tumor by digital rectal probe or transrectal ultrasound
- Stage 3 prostate cancer tumours develop, affecting nearby to the prostate tissue
- 4 degree to the defeat of cancer affected the other organs of the patient. In most cases, the metastases of prostate cancer are lung, liver or bones of the patient.
The main reasons for the development of prostate cancer
- age greater than the threshold in 45 years
- the hereditary factor. The likelihood of developing the disease is twice higher in men who are brothers or father and son
- the factor of race is often the development of prostate cancer occur in people belonging to the Negroid race
- the adoption of therapeutic measures with the use of testosterone
- diet that has excess of fats
- contact with toxic and chemical substances, which is ongoing
- the Smoking patient.
Diagnosis of prostate cancer includes the following measures
- analysis of the manifestation of the symptomatic picture of disease and the time of manifestation of the symptomatic picture of the disease, what symptoms appeared first, the development of clinical manifestations of prostate cancer, the available therapeutic measures the results of treatment of prostate cancer
- analysis of life of the patient allows to determine the main factors influencing the development of neoplastic processes
- analysis of the family of the patient determine the presence of heredity to the development of cancer
- the inspection at the urologist, which uses the inspection of the external genital organs, rectal examination, blood tests, General nature
- the tests that determine a particular antigen, the level of which tends to increase in malignant processes in the prostate gland. Widespread in men over 45 years
- biopsy of prostate tissue
- the implementation of intravenous excretory urography, which is a radiological method of research ways to drain urine from the body
- ultrasound studies of the prostate area
- the use of cystoscopy instrumental method of diagnostics of urinary bladder
- the use of methods of computer and magnetic resonance imaging
- a study using radioactive indicators to determine the presence of metastases
- conducting historyiran rectal way.
The treatment for prostate cancer also includes the many surgical methods. The operation in the case of prostate cancer is done through the following methods of surgical intervention
- removal of part of the prostate which interferes with the normal process of excreting urine from the body of the patient. From neoplastic processes, this method is not free, but facilitates the patient’s life
- surgical removal of the prostate gland. Also removed the seminal vesicles and lymph nodes
- pressure on the prostate gland by means of ultrasonic waves. This method, called ultrasound ablation gives you the opportunity to destroy tumors tumor nature
- the use of low temperatures to destroy the cells of the prostate. Technique of cryoablation involves the use of sighting kriegl, where the temperature is approximately 40 degrees
- the use of radiofrequency ablation, in which the affected cells are destroyed by heating them to temperatures up to 100 degrees
- application of methods of radiation therapy.
Also to eliminate this disease apply therapeutic measures with the use of hormones in case of impossibility of surgical treatment measures and the use of methods of radiation therapy, a high level of dissemination of tumor cells in the patient or in case of recurrent development of the disease.