the term, which means the violation of the ovaries which may be accompanied by irregular menstrual cycle.
Menstruation lasts 3 to 7 days. Cycle length 2135 days. During menstruation the body loses about 100 ml of blood. If at least one of these indicators is broken, it can be a direct indicator of the process of development of a disease such as ovarian dysfunction.
The appearance of such problems as ovarian dysfunction, the causes of this disease, can be varied
- infectious diseases-inflammatory of the reproductive system and sexually transmitted infections
- hormonal disorders
- wrong hormonal drugs
- tumors of the uterus and ovaries
- lines weight, obesity
- fatigue, nervous disorders
- abortions and miscarriages
- poor insertion of intrauterine device
- radiation, climate change, certain medications, poor environment
- congenital abnormalities of the ovaries.
When issues such as ovarian dysfunction, the symptoms can be different. Among them are the following
- the cycle duration too short (under 21 days) or long (35 days)
- cycle is irregular
- duration of menses more than 7 days
- strong premenstrual syndrome (irritability, apathy, lethargy)
- absence of menstruation for more than six months (amenorrhea)
- weakness, malaise, headaches, dizziness, paleness as result of anemia after blood loss.
- analysis of medical history and complaints (the time of the failure cycle, the presence of PMS and other signs of ovarian dysfunction)
- the gynecological history (past diseases, surgeries, STDs, etc.)
- analysis of the function of menstruation (early menarche, cycle duration, level of pain and the abundance monthly)
- pelvic examination, which should include two-handed study of the vagina (by hand two hands a gynecologist inspects the uterine size, cervical, ovarian, their ratio, mobility, pain and so on)
- gynecological smear microscopy
- determination of the level of thyroid hormones
- Ultrasound of the pelvic organs
- PCR-diagnostics of sexually transmitted diseases, as well as the most common microorganisms and viruses
- determination of blood levels of certain hormones during menstruation
- separate diagnostic curettage, diagnostic and therapeutic laparoscopy using special apparatus laparoscope
- cervical canal with subsequent histological study of this material
- skull x-ray
- consult a specialist (gynecologist-endocrinologist).
When the disease ovarian dysfunction, treatment consists of such items
- termination of uterine bleeding
- hormonal therapy
- administration of drugs to stop bleeding
- separate diagnostic curettage of the uterine cavity and cervical canal.
- Work on removing the reasons that caused the dysfunction of the ovaries
- in case of violation of the endocrine glands must be assigned to appropriate hormone therapy
- if the identified infectious-inflammatory process in pelvic organs, applied antibiotic therapy and for therapy against inflammation.
- Normalization of the cycle
- therapy with hormones (oral hormonal contraception that has a medical purpose and clean gestagenov)
- physiotherapy, acupuncture
- therapy for General strengthening of the body (vitamin-mineral complexes, and so on)
- consultation with specialists such as psychologist and psychotherapist.
As ovarian dysfunction reproductive period is the result of certain disorders in the reproductive system of women, it’s too late diagnosis and lack of early treatment can cause the following problems
- miscarriage (if we are talking about when ovarian dysfunction and pregnancy combined).
- breast cancer
- endometrial cancer
- the development of uterine fibroids.
To prevent the development of ovarian dysfunction, must adhere to the following rules and recommendations
- competent treatment of infectious-inflammatory diseases of the pelvic organs, provided in time
- a healthy lifestyle, avoiding harmful habits
- regular exercise, proper diet, exclusion from the menu of fatty and smoked foods, preservatives, salt, spice and so on
- the perfect personal hygiene
- compliance with regimens of drugs hormonal drugs
- the exclusion of abortion
- regular checkups at the gynecologist (at least twice a year).