– malignant tumor, with the possible development of malignancy in any organ, has a rapidly progressive course. Education lymphosarcoma occurs in the lymph tissue and is equivalent to acute leukemia. Age restrictions for the disease lymphosarcoma no, although studies show that men are more prone to disease than women.
The occurrence of lymphosarcoma possible because of the genetic mutations that can be caused by chemicals, radiation or viruses.
Symptoms of lymphosarcoma depend largely on the localization of the disease, affecting primarily lymph nodes, rarely the gastrointestinal tract, spleen. Secondary places of localization of be bones, skin, and tonsils. First one increases the lymph node, the further dissemination of tumor process is the rest of the lymph nodes. They are usually painless, have a tightly-elastic form, with the sprouting merge into large groups.
If lymphosarcoma identified in the thoracic cavity, the following local symptoms
- cough – enlarged nodes can press on the trachea and bronchi
- shortness of breath
- swelling of the face
- veins of the face and neck – enlarged nodes compress the Vena cava.
Malignant disease in the tonsils
- there may be pain in the throat
- changing the timbre of the voice.
Involvement of the gastrointestinal tract
- the symptom of pain is felt in the stomach
- cramps and bloating in the intestines
- unreasonable constipation or diarrhea
- nausea and vomiting.
Common symptoms are fatigue, loss of appetite, as a consequence, weight loss, fever, fatigue.
Skin lymphosarcoma is a rare form of malignancy, is less studied. Localization of the tumor within the deep layers of the dermis, it occurs after the spread along the subcutaneous tissue. The tumor is characterized by density and immobility, the skin color is not changed.
Chest x-ray is the most informative method of diagnosis, but is rarely assigned due to the exaggerated dangers of radiation. Lymphosarcoma the glands of the pharynx are diagnosed too late, because the change of the tissues of the palate and tonsils mistaken for a common inflammation. A disease of the peripheral lymph nodes can be determined by a qualified physician to palpation on examination. In the presence of such diseases strictly prohibited thermal effects, under the influence of high temperatures on the growth of the tumor accelerates.
Treatment of lymphosarcoma is uniquely dependent on the primary place of education, it is also necessary to consider its options and stage. Most often, lymphosarcoma treatment is aggressive, it is the combination of chemotherapy with radiation. Surgical method is not applicable due to rapid post-operative progression. When the disease lymphosarcoma prognosis is rarely positive, as with each course of chemotherapy effects on cancer cells weakens. Patients are transferred to symptomatic treatment, their life expectancy is calculated in weeks or months.