differently called keratoderma or keratodermas is a disease belonging to the group of skin diseases characterized by the thickening of the surface (Horny) layer of the skin. Mostly when the disease is keratoses are the first diseases of the hands, elbows, hair follicles (follicular keratosis), soles, and knees, can also occur seborrheic keratosis and actinic keratosis.
According to the etiology there are the following types of illness
- hereditary keratoderma, which appears either at the birth or in very early childhood
- acquired keratosis. The causes of this disease is not fully understood and has not been studied
- symptomatic form of keratosis is a symptom of transferring other types of illness or is under the influence of negative environmental influences.
The degree of localization keratosis divided into
- localized, when a certain affected area of the skin
- diffusion when a large affected area of the skin or all the skin.
Until the end of the study, why is there a keratosis, not yet, but the doctors there are some assumptions in this regard, namely
- genetic predisposition to disease
- the presence of burns on the skin or excessive exposure of sunlight
- age-related changes of the skin
- there is contact with substances harmful to human health.
The risk group also includes people who have a genetic predisposition to the disease (if relatives have or had the disease), elderly, light-skinned people or people with blond or red hair, those who underwent chemotherapy, AIDS patients, patients with leukemia.
This disease is characterized by the presence of such symptoms
- the skin form flakes of gray, dark brown
- the skin on the soles and palms stratum
- formation of deep cracks on the skin
- begin to appear the warts, blisters on exposed skin areas.
If you experience these symptoms, you should immediately see a doctor to detect the disease at an early stage. Easier to do the prevention of disease or to treat it early than to deal with already advanced disease and its consequences. Therefore, the presence of even a few symptoms from the list above need to contact the doctor and undergo an examination and consultation.
To determine the presence of the disease and prescribe the correct treatment to the patient, the doctor recommends to take the following tests
- full General examination of the skin and the patient’s condition
- histological examination
- assigned a biopsy of the skin.
Treatment of keratosis includes several types of procedures. The presence of some of them is determined by the cause and duration of the disease.
Procedures performed in the keratosis
- laser treatment
- chemical peels
- cryosurgical research
- radiowave treatments.
If time does not begin treatment for keratosis of the skin, it can lead to a number of violations, namely, such as different types of eczema skin may be the beginning of cancer, the disruption of the normal functioning of the endocrine and nervous system, teeth begin to fall.
To avoid this problem in the future, patients are advised to regularly visit a dermatologist, not to be in the sun for a long time, definitely in the summer to use moisturizing creams for the skin, not wear very tight clothes.