Problems with nails are constantly concerned about the vast majority of people on our planet. Among other things, is quite common a disease as
the ingrown nail.
Actually, this cutting of the outer or inner edge of the nail plate in the nail wall.
It should be noted that this disease occurs as older people and children.
Experts identify the two causes of this problem
- improper and careless clipping nails. If it is wrong to trim your nails, for example, too many short-cut towards the base, then the nail will just start to grow into the soft tissue structure.
- the use of narrow size shoes. The problem with fashion shoes is constantly raised in the media, but the effect of this is often not enough. People are still terrible for your feet shoes. Especially dangerous in this plan shoes and boots with narrow toes. The nail in this case is just forced to cut into the soft tissue. The result is a wild meat, overgrown pathological granulation, which, in turn, are formed from ulcers from hitting nails.
The first and main symptom of ingrown nail is aching pain in the region of the nail shaft. And this pain increases when wearing shoes. Ingrown nail treatment which is necessary, bites deeper into the finger. Initially at the place of contact there is a small ulcer, which, when ingested infected (and this happens in almost all cases) starts to become inflamed, releasing pus. Over time in response to stimuli begin to form the so called granulation is a solid education, a bright red colour, what they called wild meat.
With the appearance of chronic ingrown toenail can occur a number of complications. This is especially true for people with diabetes, because in this disease the blood circulation in the finger. The result can be generated in some pathological condition. If left untreated ingrown toenail a laser or other method, the person can appear the following problems
- lymphadenitis and lymphangitic. It infectious diseases of the lymphatic vessels and nodes
- abscess the patient’s finger. Inflammation of the soft tissue with pus
- osteomyelitis of phalanx of finger. Moving purulent infection already on the bone that is much more serious.
In the early stages of the disease treatment ingrown toenail can be carried out with conservative methods. This implies wearing loose shoes, ideally with an open top, for example, flip-flops or sandals, as well as performing warm baths for feet with the use of salt water. As it softens the nail and the soft tissue around it. Also use special springs that are designed to align the previously deformed nail plate.
If the person running the ingrown nail, the surgery, sometimes it is inevitable. This is done with local anesthesia under medication lidocaine or Novocain. For this reason, it is worth remembering that a possible allergic reaction to these drugs, up to anaphylactic shock.
In practice, removing ingrown toenail, or rather part of it. It should be remembered that the nail bed for some time will remain exposed, and that can cause some pain. The patient some time (about two weeks) will show a maximum of caution.