disease that is characterized by excessive hair growth in places where normal growing vellus hair.
When the disease hypertrichosis, causes of this disease may be different. Thus, the factors causing excessive hair growth are
symptomatic / characteristic
, epidermolysis bullosa, exhaustion, alcohol syndrome, anorexia nervosa, dermatomyositis
- congenital hypertrichosis usually shows any genetic fault. In this case, vellus hair can grow up to 10 cm in length
- acquired hypertrichosis is not only a cosmetic problem, but also a harbinger in most cases (about 98%) of malignant tumors
- drug hypertrichosis – excessive hair growth in this case occurs because of taking certain drugs (diazoxide, cyclosporine, corticosteroids, streptomycin, Minoxidil, psoralen, penicillamine)
- traumatic hypertrichosis hair growth increases at a constant skin irritation at the site of injuries or scars. The most common example, when the hypertrichosis occurs in men and women is shaving, as a result, the hair becomes rough, thickened and hard, begins to grow more noticeable.
To hypertrichosis is characterized by the conversion of vellus hair to coarse stem, pigmented hair. Depending on the type of disease, there are different symptoms
- heterogeny is characterized by the appearance of female beard, mustache, and hair growth on male pubic direction (in men they grow on the type of diamond, and in women by the type of triangle). Especially characteristic manifests itself in sexual development during menopause or before it
- heterochromia usually manifests itself in the form of secondary sexual characteristics prematurely mustache, beard in children, pubic hair. This is a symptoms of diseases of the endocrine glands, or is a consequence of abnormal development
- heterotopia typical hair growth in atypical places, such as on the back. Manifested by proliferation of hair all over the body or may be partial.
To determine hypertrichosis only one of external manifestations enough for that, you need to consult a dermatologist, gynecologist, endocrinologist. The core is provided with a certain individual treatment. Additionally it is necessary to diagnose hormonal nature, and to differentiate the disease from hirsutism. Therefore, if there is no hormonal imbalance, the hair is simply removed by using special creams and hydrogen peroxide.
If overly concerned hypertrichosis, treatment should be carried out when identified, the causes of the development of this disease. That is, treatment should be aimed at getting rid of the underlying disease. If there are endocrine disorders, need to make correction in this direction, relative to each disease.
In the case when there is no possibility to identify the problem, the solution may be just the hair removal. Often, it is the best solution for this problem is a kind of method of symptomatic treatment. When painful hair removal using anesthesia. After this procedure there may be swelling, which takes place in a few days. But it is worth remembering that to remove hair it is impossible in any case.
Often use electrolysis for different body regions-thorax, abdomen, pubic area, face. And since the main cause of hypertrichosis is a mutation of the genes, trying to find new methods to get rid of the probability of occurrence of this problem in future generations.