accumulation of blood in the uterus and the violation of its outflow. Be a violation of the outflow of blood from the uterus may be as a result of inadequate contractions, with obstruction of the cervical canal with blood, polyps, placenta or parts of the disintegrating tumor. Basically, the disease occurs in women after childbirth (hematometra after delivery) or after abortion (hematometra after curettage of the uterus).
Symptoms such hematometra
- lower abdominal pain (cramping), which increases during exercise
- the pain extends to the lumbar region
- heaviness in the abdomen
- General malaise of the body
- the increase in body temperature
- abruptly stop coming bleeding after delivery or curettage.
The causes of disease may be different, such as
- a polyp located in the cervical canal
- the disease can occur in the postpartum period
- when curettage of the uterus during pregnancy
- when abortion is produced in a hospital setting.
- Analysis of complaints and anamnesis of disease. Whether the presence of symptoms, how long ago began abdominal pain, raised body temperature, etc
- the gynecological history. Was transferred gynecological diseases, diseases that are transmitted sexually, childbirth, abortion, pregnancy, etc
- a gynecological examination with bimanual examination. Palpation is necessary to determine the size of the uterus and ovaries, their ratio and mobility, pain, etc.
- hysteroscopy. This examination of the uterine cavity and cervical canal using a special device.
With the disease of hematometra the treatment should be done immediately. For this purpose, different types of drugs, as well as use other methods
- prescribe the use of medications that enhance the ability of uterus to contract
- prescribe antispasmodics to relax the muscles, including the cervix
- when blockage of the canal of the uterus is necessary to resolve this issue. This is done by sensing or hysteroscopy
- vacuum-aspiration. Used to remove contents of the uterus
- appointed anti-inflammatory therapy
- if there is a development of an infectious disease or during a secondary infection is also necessary to make the procedure of hysteroscopy, but with a readjustment of the uterus.
If you are delayed or insufficient treatment of haematometra of the uterus may lead to the development of infectious and inflammatory processes in the uterus. In the uterus, if not eliminate the accumulated blood and the placenta can start to build up pus.
Can begin to develop
(when the infection develops and spreads to the abdominal organs), pelvioperitonit. If you get an infection in blood sepsis, can lead to infertility.
It is necessary to treat diseases of the pelvic organs. Observe the rules of personal hygiene. To exclude abortion and planning a pregnancy.