Flutter and ventricular fibrillation of the heart
this rapid rhythmic motion of the ventricles caused by systematic circular their ampulirovannye. As a rule, the fluttering of the ventricles turns into a shimmer that is a FIB. Ventricular fibrillation of the heart is a quick random excitation, in which there is a shortening of the muscle fibers of the ventricles.
The cause of fibrillation of ventricles most often are heart disease or other severe diseases. The list of diseases and other factors that can cause a fluttering of the ventricles and, subsequently, fibrillation
(pathology appear due to poor blood circulation and insufficient supply of oxygen to the heart)
(end of the weak blood supply to heart tissue death)
(inflammation in the muscles of the heart, the cause of the disease is infection)
- hypertension (persistent high blood pressure)
- heart defect (deformation of structure)
- cardiomyopathies disease (disruption of normal functioning in connection with the deformation of the heart muscle)
- poisoning by drugs and their side effects
- electric shock
- hypoxic disease (caused by poor oxygen supply to body cells).
Signs of ventricular fibrillation
- temporary suspension of circulation
- stop breathing
- on large arteries may experience a temporary lack of pulse
- pale (possibly blue) hands and feet
- if you do not provide emergency first aid within five minutes, can occur the biological death of a person.
Ventricular fibrillation is diagnosed mostly from relatives and friends, as at the time of survey most often the patient is unconscious. Information about how long time and how he fainted, the sick lately, especially important to know what he had heart disease, whether there were similar cases before it, as well as his relatives. Then, a physical examination of the patient. Check in consciousness if he if it’s even breathing, feel your pulse, look at the skin color and check the pupillary response to a stimulus, measuring blood pressure and listening to heartbeat. Further carry out the General analysis of urine (protein, if it is not enough, then there may be problems with the kidneys) and blood (so know other human diseases). The patient also conducted a survey with instruments for electrocardiography (allows for rapid detection of fibrillation or ventricular flutter), and echocardiography (find out what exactly the violation or deformation of the heart has led to this disease). If necessary, consultation by a physician and intensive care.
Treatment ventricular fibrillation need to break very quickly, as this disease can lead to death within a relatively short time, if you do not take the necessary measures.
If the patient has lost consciousness in the hospital, waiting for the ambulance you must conduct indirect heart massage and artificial respiration. On arrival the patient will immediately withdraw from the state of ventricular fibrillation of the heart with a defibrillator. The patient is hooked up to a ventilator. Intravenously inject the adrenaline that stimulates the heart and antiarrhythmic drugs to help to normalize heart rhythm.
Complications and consequences that can appear after a person has flutter and ventricular fibrillation
- aspiration pneumonia (caused by the ingress of stomach contents into the respiratory tract)
- injuries during a fall in a swoon or when you run the heart by a strong blow to the chest with the fist or edge of hand
- heart failure, blockage of blood vessels by blood clots, poor circulation in connection with the clots, especially in the hands and feet.
To prevent the development of ventricular fibrillation of the heart, you need to follow some simple rules to protect your health
- time to treat the disease that can trigger fibrillation
- to give up alcoholic beverages
- adhere to a healthy diet
- not to overload the body too heavy physical loads
- try to avoid emotional stress, shock, hypothermia.
One of the main causes of death in patients suffering from myocardial infarction, chronic ischemia and hypertension is atrial flutter and ventricular fibrillation of the heart.