a defect of vision, a feature of which is that it changes the refraction of the eye, and it is portrayed distant objects are focused behind the retina in the resting state of accommodation. The term refraction refers to the power of refraction of light rays of the optical system of the eye, there is also clinical refraction, in which the main focus of the ocular optical system is localized on the retina. So, in the case of coincidence the main focus with the retina of the eye clinical refraction be normal, what in medicine is called emmetropia. To get a clear image on the retina, it is necessary to increase the refraction.
Hyperopia is a defect of vision, which has a quarter of the population. Some people are mistaken when they think that those who have farsightedness, can see fine at distance, because it is not the right fact. Sighted people usually can’t see far, and near, but those who suffer from age-related presbyopia, normal to look at objects both far because they have not observed changes of refraction, and the lens is always relaxed.
The defect of the optical system hyperopia, treatment should be under the control
has such methods of correction
- physical therapy includes a balanced diet with the necessary nutrients, exercises for the eyes, which exercise the eye muscles. May use laser stimulation, which uses devices that emit infrared rays to irradiate the eye. Using the method of improving blood circulation in the area of the retina, removed swelling and inflammation, improves visual acuity. Also in physiotherapy used VKKZ vidoe and computer vision correction in order to correct the defects of the optical system of the eye with vidoe and computer devices for the development of the natural properties of the brain regeneration of distorted images on the retina
- drug therapy involvement in the treatment of a defect of drugs that affect the accommodation of the eye, as well as those products which strengthen the sclera or in the function of which is to improve blood circulation in the retina
- non-surgical methods are carried out using spectacle correction, or correction using soft contact lenses
- surgical therapy involves the use of hexagonal ceratomia operations, which is a technique of deep linking cuts to correct a hypermetropia of a weak degree. In addition, it is possible to use deep thermocoagulation (procedures, the essence of which is the application of a special machine spot burns throughout the periphery of the cornea) and are hyperopic of autokeratometry (surgery to implant autobiles under the top layer in the area of the cornea)
- excimer laser photorefractive of keratectomy (use farsightedness middle and strong extent) a transaction involving the formation of a new profile of the cornea selective evaporation of the upper layers
- laser specialized Keratomileusis combined operation, which used a microkeratome and PRK.
It should be noted that farsightedness in children is not desirable to treat using the methods of surgical intervention. Treatment child hyperopia should begin as soon as this defect was discovered, as this will help to prevent the development of complications and faster rehabilitation of the child. So, hyperopia in children at preschool age is adjusted by means of positive lenses, and children, whose age is over 7 years old, needed glasses for work at close distances, but at high or even moderate hyperopia need the constant use of glasses or contact lenses. Because farsighted astigmatism leads to the focus of the light beam at one point in the optical system, and in a state of dispersion, resulting on the retina is reflected multiple data points. This can lead to the inability to see clear outlines of objects. Farsightedness in children can not only reduce the vision but also promote the development of strabismus. So, having a serious impact on the entire visual system of the child farsightedness eye requires immediate treatment to prevent complications.
Correction of hyperopia should be carried out, depending on how developed the defect. So, there are three main degrees of hyperopia
- a weak level, the characteristics of which include fatigue, dizziness, occur periodically, and headaches. The impaired visual acuity is developed too much, the patient is not always able to perceive it, but a survey diagnosed by a deviation from the norm of up to 2 diopters
- the average degree is expressed in that visible distant objects are recognized consistently normal, but close can be blurred. If you have an eye exam may be deviation of up to 5 diopters. The degree characteristic of the subspecies of pathology, called presbyopia, which undergo those people whose age has passed the 50 year milestone and they have noticed changes in tone of the eye muscles and tissues, they become weaker and lose elasticity, and therefore there is age-related hyperopia
- a high degree is determined by the deviation from the norm more than 5 diopter, when the eyes can no longer focus on the objects and noted the bad perception of how close or distant objects. Thus, without correction of the pathology it is impossible to see normally, resulting in patients require constant wearing of spectacles or contact lenses.