(inguinal granuloma) is an infectious disease transmitted through sexual contact (in rare cases household), by which appear bleeding ulcers in the genital area. Attribute the disease to sexually transmitted diseases.
The causative agent of venereal granuloma –
. The main reasons are
- failure to observe the rules of personal hygiene
- a large number of sexual partners
- neglect of contraceptive methods
- individual susceptibility to the causative agent
- humid climate and high temperature.
Donovans typical for countries with a tropical climate. Found in India, New Guinea, the Caribbean, and some others.
The main symptom is the presence of single or multiple ulcers in the genital area. The early stage is accompanied by the appearance of papules. The ulcer has irregular edges, protruding above the skin, and it may be pus.
The disease has diverse characteristics, so known six forms of inguinal granuloma
- peptic ulcer is the most common form of the formation of ulcers
- at the bottom of verrucous ulcers appear pale pink warts that bleed easily. Discharge is absent, they dry up, forming serous-bloody cover
- blooming formed wet bright red granulation. The affected area is very itchy and sore
- necrotic chronic illness. Arises as a consequence of infection in existing ulcers. The infection process is very fast and leads to necrosis of the tissues of the genitals. In addition, symptoms resembling the common cold, can begin lymphadenitis and lymphangitis. Further rapid progression of the infection can lead to the formation of metastasis in the middle ear, liver, spleen and bones. If you do not take action, the deadly outcome is possible
- sclerosing leads to physiological changes in the genitourinary system. Women can change the anatomy of the genital organs
- combined there is a parallel manifestation of the symptoms of different forms.
Time to provide treatment ensures complete recovery. For final diagnosis, necessary laboratory tests. Donovans treated with antibiotics and sulfa drugs. These include trimethoprim, doxycycline and many more.