Osteoporosis occurs bone resorption, and therefore increases the risk of fractures even with minimal loads. The disease develops due to age-related changes, lack of calcium in the diet, consumption of alcohol, Smoking and taking certain medications. Osteoporosis is not immediately, but when progression occurs stooped posture, constant pain in joints, back and lower back. Due to the lack of calcium in the body is the destruction of bone and a serious change in its structure, which leads to fractures and cracks of bones.
Osteoporosis are encouraged to adhere to a special diet that the treatment was most effective. It must include increased calcium, protein, vitamin D, magnesium, phosphorus, copper. For normal bone regeneration requires sufficient protein intake. At the same time, a large number of protein products leads to calcium excretion from the body, which leads to a shortage of this substance.
However, a significant loss of calcium occurs only in prolonged consumption of protein in the amount of 140-150 g per day or more. According to studies, an additional 50 g of protein lead to the removal of 60 mg of calcium along with the urine. If protein foods combined with vegetables and fruits, calcium is excreted from the body in minimum quantities.
To provide the body sufficient calcium, you must consume milk and dairy products every day. 100 mg of calcium is contained in 85-90 grams of milk and fermented milk drinks (kefir, yogurt, curdled milk), 70-80 g of cottage cheese, 10-15 g of cheese, 110-115 grams of sour cream or cream in 20-25 grams of processed cheese, 70 to 75 grams of milk or cream ice cream. If every day to drink 2 cups of milk or yogurt, yogurt, drink 50 grams of curd and 10 grams of cheese, can provide more than half of the recommended amount of calcium that is easily absorbed.
Nutrition for osteoporosis
Osteoporosis it is necessary to observe some rules of nutrition that improve and maintain the content of calcium in the body, restore the metabolism and absorption
- From the diet is necessary to remove foods that contribute to rapid removal of calcium from the body strong coffee and tea, chocolate, cocoa, fizzy drinks.
- Minimize refined food and fats, margarine, mayonnaise, fatty sauces, fried foods.
- Meat consumption should be minimal, better to give preference to fish and poultry, so the phosphorus in the meat does not normally absorb calcium in the body.
- To include in the diet foods containing calcium milk, cheese, almonds, cottage cheese, cabbage, lettuce, sesame.
- To include in the diet foods with vitamin D are butter, eggs, sour cream, cheese.
- From the diet to exclude alcohol, diuretics, as they take calcium from the body.
- The meals must include foods that are high in zinc content, since during treatment, the body requires twice more zinc. It is contained in celery, seafood, liver, legumes.
- Eat foods rich in vitamin B6 and folic acid, howareya liver, seafood, cereals, legumes.
- Diet for cholesterol should be rich in trace elements and vitamins. For this you need to drink several glasses of fresh juice from carrots, beets, tomatoes, apples, cucumbers and spinach.
- For the rapid recovery of bone density you need to diversify your diet products with magnesium content of bananas, grains, nuts, legumes, dairy products, leafy vegetables.
To eat 5 times a day that food is better assimilated. Vegetables and fruits are best consumed fresh.
Trace elements in osteoporosis
No less important in osteoporosis to include in your diet products with microelements. For strengthening of bones need phosphorus, which enters into the composition of tooth enamel and bone. The diet should include foods rich in phosphorus, poultry, beef, veal, egg white, liver, nuts, whole-grain bread.
Copper is also involved in bone formation. It is necessary for the formation of bones, protein metabolism and formation of cartilage. The high content of copper is in buckwheat, nuts, seafood, sunflower and olive oil. The copper contained in cherries, cocoa, raisins, cream.
Another important trace element for bones is the forest. Thanks to the Bor is actively absorbed in the body vitamin D, which is involved in the formation of bones, absorption of calcium, phosphorus and magnesium. With a lack of boron can develop osteoporosis, it is therefore necessary to include in the diet of fruits and vegetables such as carrot, pear, grape, cherry, cabbage, peaches, beets, nuts and all legumes.
Diet for cholesterol should include foods with zinc. He takes part in the formation of bone tissue. Products with calcium can disrupt the balance of zinc in the body, so you should diversify the menu of oatmeal, peanuts, wheat and millet cereals, nuts, seafood, and pumpkin seeds.
Calcium and vitamin D are used for prophylaxis and complex treatment of all kinds of osteoporosis and bone fractures, as well as to compensate for the lack of calcium and vitamin D in food. To prevent osteoporosis you need to take 1-2 tablets a day of calcium and vitamin D for better absorption. For the treatment of disease dose of vitamins and minerals is determined by the doctor.
To enhance the effectiveness of the treatment diet must be combined with a complex of medical gymnastics, walks, walking, dancing. Should avoid overwork, heavy lifting, running and jumping, injuries to fractures. During the recovery period therapeutic exercises should be performed in a quiet pace, it is forbidden to make sudden movements, bend and turn. It is recommended to frequently walk on the street, as the sun’s rays contribute to the active development of vitamin D in the body.