Complications of labour and delivery
is any pathological condition of the generative process from the norm, the consequence of which is disruption of the mother or child.
Complications of labour and delivery include
- birth early
- violations of labor
- childbirth protracted
- birth that the process was complicated by bleeding
- delivery, which was complicated pathology of the umbilical cord
- injury obstetric (antenatal uterine rupture, postpartum uterine rupture, lacerations)
- bleeding postpartum
- the complications caused by reaction to anesthesia
- the change in heart rate of the fetus.
In fact, the reasons may be completely different and each case depends on certain features. For example
- the fruit (size, location)
- the physiological structure of the mother (narrow pelvis, abnormality of the birth canal, a tight crotch)
- the lack of oxygen in the fetus (cord prolapse)
- uterine inflammation (especially chronic)
- poor blood clotting hormonal changes.
The use of the obstetric forceps can cause tissue damage.
Currently, in civilized and developed countries, obstructed labour is rare (currently 10%), and every year this figure could be reduced.
To symptoms of possible pregnancy complications include irregular contractions that can cause aches and pains and labors starts increased tone of the uterus a very long period of prenatal activities. Pain in back and limbs also require the individual attention of a doctor.
A symptom of postpartum complications are long and very profuse discharge, especially accompanied by a pungent odor, purulent additions.
Modern medicine has all the real way to determine before birth the possible causes of complications. For this purpose are appropriate tests and ultrasound examination.
The studies assigned to necessary medical treatment (e.g., drugs painkillers, regulating hormones, vitamins) and the decision on mode of delivery.
If necessary, a stimulation of uterine contractions during the prenatal period, specific drugs are administered with a dropper. To stimulate the use this drug as oxytocin.
In cases of bleeding, it is assigned the input of blood-substituting drugs, and to improve blood clotting use of fresh frozen plasma.