Cancer of the lymph nodes (lymphoma)
malignancy that violate the normal functioning of the lymphatic system. In most cases, the typical patients aged 60 years. Is divided into several types of Hodgkin lymphoma, non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma, lymphedema, angiom, lymphangiosarcoma.
Causes of cancer of the lymph nodes
Experts define the following risk factors that can cause this cancer disease
- age – as mentioned, the peak incidence occurs at the age of 60 years. Also cancer of the lymph nodes quite frequently diagnosed in patients 15-30 years
- race – the disease is more prone to fair-skinned people. Least a patient diagnosed with cancer of the lymph nodes – among Asians
- late pregnancy (after 35 years)
- disturbances in the functioning of the immune system
infection by the bacterium
- genetic predisposition
- the effects of carcinogens, ionizing radiation.
Cancer symptoms lymph nodes
To distinguish lymphoma from other diseases by symptoms swollen lymph nodes in groin, neck, underarms (the lymph nodes are not reduced and differ in pain), cough and shortness of breath. To this is added the constant itching, sweating, fever, a sensation of pressure on the neck and face, loss of appetite and weight, disturbance of the digestive processes, enlargement of the spleen and liver, pain in the lumbar region. Other symptoms of bone pain, various lung lesions, the development of infectious diseases due to low immunity.
Diagnosed with cancer of the lymph nodes, using different methods of examination, General and biochemical blood tests, biopsy, MRI, CT scan, ultrasound, x-rays, myelogram, laparotomy, etc.
Cancer treatment lymph nodes
The treatment process is aimed at reducing the tumor volume and the beginning of remission. Depending on the individual characteristics, the treatment can be used different methods
- chemotherapy is carried out in several stages. In patients administered drugs that may lead to the death of malignant lymphocytes and preventing the extension of the tumor
- radiation therapy and regular radiation affected lymph nodes and the surrounding areas
- surgery bone marrow transplantation and other surgical methods to stop cancer and reverse the effects of the tumor.
For diagnosis and treatment of cancer of the lymph nodes need advice
oncologist and quality a comprehensive diagnosis in modern clinics with the latest equipment. Find the best diagnosticians and oncologists in the city and to book an appointment via the website Doc.ua.