- What are the forms of bronchitis
- Chronic bronchitis
- Acute bronchitis
- The symptoms of bronchitis
- Diagnosis of bronchitis in adults
- How to cure bronchitis
Bronchitis is a respiratory system disease with involvement of the bronchi in the inflammatory process. The disease is in the Top 10 reasons people seek medical help. The manifestation of symptoms of bronchitis in adults, required treatment with antibiotics or antiviral drugs the cause of acute bronchitis is often an infection (bacterial or viral).
Chronic bronchitis develops due to the action of irritating factors of noninfectious nature for a long time (for example, dust) or as a complication of acute bronchitis.
Bronchitis was reported cases of blockage of the bronchi that occurs due to swelling of the mucous membrane is obstructive bronchitis. Treatment of bronchitis in adults totally depends on the symptoms, provoking factors and disease.
What are the forms of bronchitis
There are two forms of bronchitis that are very different
- chronic bronchitis affects the bronchial tree, and the secretory apparatus of the mucous membrane is reconstructed, which causes the development of inflammation that is accompanied by impaired function of the bronchi (security and cleaning), hypersecretion of mucus
- acute bronchitis acute diffuse inflammation of the mucous membrane of the tracheobronchial tree that causes an increase in the number of bronchial secretion by sputum production and cough.
Chronic bronchitis is the most common chronic nonspecific disease of the respiratory system. Bronchitis is considered chronic in that case, when the cough occurs at least three months a year two years or more. Definitely the selection with a cough sputum.
The reasons for developing chronic bronchitis
- Smoking tobacco or irritation of the bronchi by chemical substances, dust and other harmful factors
- exposure to cold and dry air for a long time
- recurrent respiratory infection (pneumococci, viruses, etc.).
In addition, chronic bronchitis develops on the background of some genetic abnormalities, but this occurs much less frequently.
Chronic bronchitis on the background of inflammatory diseases of the respiratory tract and lungs may be secondary.
Often the cause of acute bronchitis are bacteria (streptococci, pneumococci, etc.) and viruses (rhinoviruses,
etc.). Besides the causes of bronchitis much less frequent contact with an allergen, fungi and inhalation of toxic substances. The most common way of Contracting the disease is considered airborne method by contact with a sick person is inhaling droplets of saliva that was infected (during a conversation, a kiss, cough).
Obstructive chronic bronchitis lung is a group of diseases that destroy the tissue of lungs chronic bronchitis
, asthmatic bronchitis and
Treatment of bronchitis in adults must be prescribed by a doctor and if it is correct, the disease will pass through a few days without consequences. However, cough may disturb the patient for three weeks or more.
The symptoms of bronchitis
The symptoms of bronchitis in adults occur the following way the patient is coughing, discomfort in the throat or scratchy. Along with the cough stands out opaque sputum (green or grey-yellowish). Sometimes sputum is blood.
Signs of bronchitis in adults are often observed on the background of light increase in temperature. In that case, if the symptoms of bronchitis in adults, do not go for 2-3 days, it is mandatory to consult a doctor. Take particular care to people suffering from
the symptoms of bronchitis in adults, for them the most dangerous.
Diagnosis of bronchitis in adults
Bronchitis, the doctor to diagnose the disease listens to the bronchi and lungs using a stethoscope. And in order to exclude pneumonia, are frequently assigned an x-ray.
Diagnosis is not difficult, but there are cases when it is impossible to do without tests.
The tests needed to diagnose bronchitis
- General analysis of blood (increased erythrocyte sedimentation rate, shift of leukocyte formula to the left, leukocytosis)
- sputum culture (bacteriological examination)
- biochemical studies the increase in the level of seromucoid and sialic acids
- serologicheski analysis (detection of antibodies to Mycoplasma or viruses)
- immunological studies may reduce in the blood the number of T-lymphocytes.
How to cure bronchitis
Treatment of bronchitis in adults the doctor will be able to prescribe after diagnosis of the disease that will help patients to get rid of this disease.
Treatment of bronchitis in adults is manipulation
- bed rest
- a warm drink
- the patient must be in a well ventilated area
- shows the use of mustard and a good helping of hot baths for the feet.
To relieve the unpleasant symptoms of bronchitis in adults for the treatment are expectorants Pertussin, Marshmallow syrup, Ammonia-anise drops. If you experience this symptom, bronchitis, high fever, for the treatment of adults shown such drugs as Amidopyrine, Acetylsalicylic acid.
Exacerbation of chronic bronchitis the meaning of treatment is to eliminate in the bronchi inflammatory process, restoration of disturbed immunological reactivity, improvement of bronchial patency.
Sulfonamides and antibiotics the doctors prescribed rates upon accession to bronchitis to pneumonia to suppress the activity of infection. An antibiotic is selected based on the sensitivity of bronchial secretions (sputum microflora), and the duration of treatment is assigned a strictly individual basis.
Well help inhalation of volatile production onions or garlic, which is necessary to prepare onion juice or garlic mix with sodium chloride solution (isotonic) in the proportion of 1 to 3, or 0.25% solution of novocaine. To cure bronchitis, need to have a course of 20 inhalations 2 times a day.