a syndrome in which women experience discomfort in the breast (swelling, induration, chest pain, hypersensitivity). The cause of sickness is often fluid retention in the body. Can occur before menstruation, to be a sign of puberty in girls, pregnancy, neurosis, or it can be a manifestation of any irregularities in the body. By itself, this syndrome is not a disease, but it can be one of the symptoms.
Every second woman every month is faced with the manifestations of symptoms, resulting in physical and emotional discomfort. Mastodynia is often the cause of depression, malfunctions and problems in personal relationships.
The pain can cause various factors, which include
- hormonal changes during pregnancy, menopause, puberty
- inflammatory processes that occur in the breast in the presence of an infectious or suppurative mastitis
- various formations in the region of the mammary gland (adenoma, cancer)
- surgery, injuries and, in particular, breast surgery
- abortion, artificial birth
- premenstrual syndrome
- hormonal medications
- heart pain, osteochondrosis, intercostal neuralgia can give a response in the breast
Associated with hormonal imbalance in a woman’s body. Is accompanied by painful sensations and a feeling of heaviness. Often occurs before menstruation. In this case, to painful sensations adds a feeling of heat and fullness in the chest.
Also, this form may occur as a symptom of mastitis, in the formation of benign tumors, or as a side effect of hormonal therapy. Most often affects women aged 20 to 40 years.
The non-cyclic mastodynia
Occurs without any periodicity. While it may be mild or sharp chest pain, which may occur periodically or lasts forever. This files most often unilateral pain (e.g., pain in the left breast) and is concentrated in one place.
Often can be discharge from the nipple, redness. Swelling and increased sensitivity is usually not observed. The threat of a non-cyclic mastodynia that could be a symptom of malignancy. On average occurs in women after 40 years.
For diagnosis need to be examined by a specialist (mammography), which will conduct a thorough examination of the breast, collect information about the symptoms, their manifestation and frequency. Also carried out a General analysis of the blood and blood levels of sex hormones such as progesterone, testosterone and estrogen.
To determine or exclude the presence of tumors, the prescribed ultrasound of the breast and mammography (x-ray of the breast). If the detected neoplastic processes, prescribe a biopsy of the tissue (to determine the malignancy of education).
After the conclusion of the diagnosis of breast physician or gynecologist prescribes treatment. In most cases, the elimination factor provokes pain, a special treatment is required.
Otherwise, apply the following methods of treatment of mastodynia
- change underwear more comfortable, made of natural tissue (physiological)
- using medications that possess anti-inflammatory action and analgesic (paracetamol, Ketonal, Nurofen)
- the use of herbal medicinal products (mastodinon, cyclodien)
- when the menstrual cycle using a combination of different oral contraceptives that help to restore and regulate the cycle
- to relieve swelling and inflammation use the treatment of herbs (herbal medicine). Prescribe the use of red clover, succession, of nettle, peony, burdock root
- the liquid did not stay in the body, carried out a correction of the power, reducing the consumption of salt, spicy seasonings, spices
- vitamins prescribed for promoting good health by improving immunity
- if the disease is caused by stress prescribe sedatives (Valerian root, for example).
If the syndrome has progressed and formed tumors or cysts, consider surgical intervention and conducting the postoperative therapy. The complexity of the operation depends on the size of the formation, and depth of placement in the breast tissue.
In most cases, the prognosis for this disease is favorable, and sufficient medical treatment which completely eliminates the pain.
Proper nutrition. The use of such products as coffee, tea, chocolate, salt and spices, water retention in the body, and some dairy products promote the formation of mucus clogging ducts of the glandular tissue, so you should refuse their use at least in the second half of the cycle. This will reduce the risk of pain and swelling.
The correct bra is an important part of prevention. It should not be tight or too free, made of natural fabric, which is breathable it will help to avoid deformation of the breast. If the size is chosen correctly, the load on the muscles and ligaments will be uniform.
Avoiding stress and depression. The emotional factor often affects the physical condition of women, so if you are loads of this kind should take sedatives.
To avoid hypothermia, direct sunlight on the breast, and eliminate the risk of injury.
To carry out breast self-examination every month for 5-6 day cycle, in suspicious entities to seek medical help.