acute allergic or pseudoallergic reaction, which is rapidly developing and is expressed in the form of swelling of the mucous membranes or subcutaneous fat.
In 80% of cases the cause of angioedema is an immediate allergic reaction, which can be
- foods (citrus, strawberries, cherries, tomatoes, nuts, legumes, cheese, milk, eggs, fish, chocolate, beer, wine, etc.)
- medications (immunoglobulins, antibiotics and antibacterial preparations of blood plasma, b-vitamins)
- latex products (condoms, gloves, and vnutrigornye moevie catheters, etc.)
- fur, saliva, dander
- the venom of wasps, bees, hornets.
Angioedema has many clinical manifestations violation of a neurological nature, and the defeat of the digestive system or abdominal syndrome, and laryngeal edema, and lesion of the mucous membrane of the throat. The swelling may occur suddenly (15-30 seconds after contact with allergen) and stretch from a couple of hours to several days.
When angioedema produce such symptoms
- swelling of the cheeks, lips, tonsils, eyelids, increasing the size of the tongue, genitals
- the appearance of dense painless swelling (usually in the throat)
- cough, hoarseness, difficulty of breathing, development of asphyxia
- if the swelling covers the membranes of the brain the emergence of epileptic seizures.
Angioedema is prazoisn person, as most often it is accompanied by swelling of the throat, as a result, it is impossible to fully breath. If the patient does not receive timely aid, for a short period of time may occur suffocation. Swelling occurs in the area of the larynx requires immediate hospitalization in the intensive care unit of the hospital.
The task of diagnostics is to identify the factors that provoked the swelling, so this means that it is necessary to identify the allergen that caused it. This purpose make a food diary of the patient, where they are all eaten food, their preparation and quantity. For identification of the stimulus, the methodology used for skin Allergy tests or determination of specific IgE antibodies in the serum.
The first medical care if angioedema is the introduction into the organism of the patient of adrenaline, antihistamines (diphenhydramine, tavegil, suprastin), corticosteroids (prednisone, dexamethasone) and other drugs, then the patient hospitalitynet. Treatment of edema Quinupristin in stages. Originally
sets the cause of the disease, by conducting Allergy tests. In order to avoid future recurrence of the disease, it is necessary, first,to completely eliminate all allergens. In addition, the doctor may prescribe drugs that enhance the activity of the sympathetic nervous system (e.g. ephedrine, ascorbic acid). Can also be naznacheniyami vitamins, hormones and gamma globulins, as adjuvant treatment.
The prevention of angioedema is primarily the exclusion of any contact with allergens that trigger an attack, timely diagnosis and treatment of diseases that contribute to its development. It is always recommended to be in possession of any antiallergic medication without a prescription of a physician, but self-therapy of angioedema is not allowed.