this impaired ability to recognize objects in the absence of obvious defects of the eye, inner ear, visual pathways, and more. Is not a disease as such but develops second and occurs with other diseases such as, chronic poisoning, in other words.
When violated the departments projection cortex, then there is numbness. Is deteriorating hearing, vision and pain body functions. If damaged, the secondary divisions of the cortex, it starts to lose the possibility of perceiving and processing information.
Violation of the functionality of the brain, namely damage to the parietal and occipital lobes of the cerebral cortex may cause the development of agnosia. One of the common causes of symptoms agnosia is a disruption of blood flow in the brain (observed in
also leads to the development of this syndrome.
As a result of inflammation of the brain or experienced traumatic brain injury is also a high probability of a symptom of agnosia. Special attention should be paid to people who are native speakers
. Alzheimer’s disease causes an accumulation of protein in the brain, the result is impaired memory. Parkinson’s disease leads to dysfunction of the muscular system and neuroparalitical disorders.
Agnosia has the following symptoms
- problems in orienteering, the inability to discern the position of objects on the map
- the failure to recognize the presence of the disease, defect or weakness in the limbs, even when these problems are obvious
- indifferent attitude towards the defects (for example, a sudden partial blindness or complete loss of vision)
- manifested difficulty in determining the shape of an object or texture
- the problem with the perception of audio information is referred to as acoustic agnosia. Not awareness where the sound comes from and what creates it
- loss of ability to recognize faces, while distinguishing sex and age of people
- the recognition of individual objects, without understanding the full picture, no visualize
- a half-perception of space. For example, the patient can eat lunch with only half of the plate or can catch the shoulder on the doorframe, because he simply perceived them.
Depending on the cause and nature of the following types of agnosia
visual agnosia. The types of visual agnosia are as follows
- subject agnosia when a previously familiar objects unfamiliar. For example, if a patient to show the clock, it will not tell you what it sees in front of him, but if you say the name, the patient will be able to explain the purpose and application of the subject (the lamp for lighting, a bed to sleep in, and so on)
- prosopagnosia, or agnosia for faces is determined by the inability to recognize familiar people by their faces, but the patient can call the sex of the interlocutor and his age
- agnosia for color when the patient can not distinguish the color of objects that he sees. For example, you can show the patient the tomato and ask them to name the color that he can’t do, but if asked to recall the color of the tomato, then the patient will answer that red
- simultagnosia (object agnosia). The lack of abstract representation of what is happening. Understanding and the only difference of the individual objects. If the patient sees the image of the white dress, the presence of a bouquet of flowers and a festive table and do not bind all in one wedding celebration
- neglect. Half of the space is not perceived, and the patient can hit the joint, because I just did not see that part of the premises
- letter agnosia. Misrecognition manifests in the individual letters in the text and separately shows the letters. In this case, if the patient be asked to write any letter, you with this task he could handle it.
- auditory agnosia occur in impaired perception of acoustic information. No longer recognized familiar voices, street noise, birds chirping etc
- spatial agnosia. It manifests itself in the inability to determine its own location in space. You also lose the ability to determine the position of objects on the map
- somethinelse is a disturbance of perception of body dimensions. For example, the patient may seem to be on his leg more or less than five fingers
- astereognosis (tactile agnosia). It is determined if the patient ceases to recognize objects by touch
- anosognosia is a sharp denial of the existence of a disease or its signs
- anosodiaphoria the awareness of patients to the presence of pathologies, thus keeping the indifferent reaction to the problem.
To a single type of auditory agnosia is attributed the process by which the deteriorating ability to understand and recognize the tone of voice of other people.
Diagnosis of agnosia combines information about patient complaints, duration of symptoms of agnosia, the presence of injuries or diseases that can lead to the development of agnosia. Conducted a neurological examination, assessed mental functionality, visual acuity and hearing. Tests the ability to read and account. Compulsory computer tomography and magnetic resonance imaging of the brain. This allows to study in detail the condition of the brain and abnormalities. Sometimes resorted to psychological diagnosis of the patient.
Treatment consists of agnosia solve the underlying disease that caused the symptom. With this particular treatment method most of agnosia does not exist at the moment. It is necessary to monitor blood pressure and take medications that can normalize blood flow to the brain and nourish it, if there is to be chronic poor circulation in the brain. For this purpose, nootropics and antiplatelet agents. In the presence of tumor required its removal surgically. To improve neuropsychological functions used anticholinesterase drugs. It is advisable to attend sessions with a neuropsychologist.
When agnosia improvement or complete restoration of damaged functions in some patients, resolves spontaneously, the rest had to adapt to their defects and to change their way of life. To reduce defects should be addressed directly to the speech pathologists.
Special techniques, which will help to avoid agnosia does not exist. Some positive impact can give avoiding alcohol and tobacco. Healthy sleep (at least eight hours per day), regular walks in the fresh air gym to support physical health, strict observance of the regime of the working day and mandatory rest and a balanced, healthy diet is what will make you and your body stronger and thus more sustainable. With the emergence of health problems should immediately consult the doctor. You should not lose control of blood pressure.