To the category of pathological diseases is a cyst
which is characterized by the fact that the body is formed a cavity filled with fluid. Disease this type is often diagnosed in women than in men. The predisposition to this disease are people aged 3560 years.
The types of the disease
Among the main types of cysts of the spleen can be identified such
- false cysts develop due to trauma or as a complication of diseases, operations. Moreover, 70 % of adverse operations can give impetus to the development of cysts about
- true cysts provoked pathological processes of various origins, often during fetal development
- parasitic cysts are caused by microbes or parasitic organisms. Often it can be the tapeworm, which affects the kidneys, brain, liver, spleen. Larvae of Echinococcus are on the surface of hair of animals, in ponds or grass.
The main reason for the cyst of the spleen embryogenesis, which appear irregular cavities in the body. Also, the reason for such a pathology can be injured or improperly performed surgery, infectious or inflammatory manifestations in the body. When we meet a serious defeat, it could be a result of the action of parasites or acquisition of an abscess.
Often the symptoms of cysts of the spleen do not show up as a child and an adult. The first characteristic signs are noticeable already when you change the size of the cyst, that is, it grows and becomes inflamed. When a cyst of the spleen in a child, it is usually on overall health it has no effect and does not cause seizures. But sometimes children may experience paroxysmal pain or cramps in the left hypochondrium, accompanied by nausea or vomiting, fever.
When the cyst reaches an impressive size, the pain begins to give in the shoulder blade and shoulder, a feeling of heaviness, lethargy, shortness of breath, a cough, and tingling in the chest. In the formation of cysts about 20 percent of the total size of the spleen, felt weak and cold, dysfunction of the stomach, nausea.
To identify the disease, to efficiently conduct the ultrasound, which is the main method of diagnosing this pathology. Plus, you need to take the urine and blood tests, MRI. To monitor growth of the cyst periodically ultrasound. Moreover, the regularity of the survey will help in the future choice of treatment, the success of which depends on the level of diagnosis of the disease.
Treatment of cysts of the spleen has only surgery. More efficient and better today to use the removal of cysts of the spleen by laparoscopy.
In addition, when the cyst of spleen operation can be carried out in various ways
- removing only the affected area of the spleen
- complete removal of the spleen
- excision of the wall of the spleen
- removal of the pathology on the spleen with the shell and the contents inside
- autopsy pathology, treatment of oral spleen and delete unnecessary content.
Laparoscopy in this case is not only optimal, but the alternative method, which allows to completely eliminate the disease. Removal of pathological areas of the cyst is performed using thin instruments which are inserted into a special chamber. Full duration of the operation is of the order of 1.52 hours. Of course, after surgical intervention the patient is temporarily accompanied by pain, which disappears after a short time. That is, the rehabilitation of the patient short.
It laparoscopic surgeries today are high-tech and optimum in the presence of the corresponding equipment. And since the spleen is quite a versatile body, to remove it is only in extreme cases. Therefore, the use of laparoscopy not only helps the patient to recover quickly after surgery, but also to preserve all the functions of the authority. The use of special tools and equipment (ultrasonic surgical scissors, ligating apparatus electrothermal) helps to carry out operations of this type are virtually bloodless, which is not only convenient, but also does not bear the adverse consequences. High precision equipment will allow to remove abnormal areas, and to prevent the recurrence of the disease in the future.
Complications of this disease can occur in different ways, in particular, may appear
- suppuration of the cyst
- the gap body with internal bleeding and leakage in the abdominal cavity
- disclosure of hydatid cysts
- the disclosure of the contents of the cyst into the abdominal cavity.