it is a serious disease due to which under the skin of the palm occurs scar tissue. Tissue, which on the Palmar surface of the brush cover tendons, fascia are exposed, that is, cicatricial changes. As a result of developing Dupuytren’s contracture, which shortened the tendons, which open the fingers becomes impossible.
Usually when Dupuytren’s contracture affects two fingers pinky and ring, but sometimes the disease spreads to all fingers. Most common in men of middle age and elderly years. Women and young people, the disease strikes less often, but in young people the disease progresses faster.
The stage of the disease
The course of the disease is divided into the following stages
- the first stage – patients notice in the palm a small seal. It does not cause pain, so the doctor and do not apply
- the second stage-the brush remains fluid, and the movement of the fingers Otradnaya. The affected fingers are half-bent position
- third stage: patient is not able to straighten the fingers Palmar fibromatosis affects the overall picture of the patient’s life.
If contactor Dupuytren disease, the causes of this disease is uncertain. However, doctors have identified a group of people who are at risk. This includes
- men over forty years old, especially if some of their relatives were struck by this disease
- those who abuse nicotine and alcohol
- those whose diseases are associated with violation of the exchange process, especially with diabetes
- those who have observed the violation of the trophic brush due to the pinched nerve in the elbow joint
- those who have repeatedly injured hand.
Symptoms of Dupuytren’s contracture is very specific, so to distinguish this disease from other easy. It is possible to learn on such grounds
- education bumps on the inside of your palm that causes no pain, but after a while the little finger or fourth finger is bent towards the palm
- the affected fingers, still are in a bent position
- there are sometimes pain, after which, as a rule, the sick and seek medical help.
Diagnose Dupuytren’s contracture as follows
- survey carried out of the patient, the medical history is going to find out the cause of disease
- inspection of the affected area, polerowanie the palm of your hand with the aim to identify the most painful area
- evaluation of mobility of fingers, the determination of the amplitude of their movement.
Other examinations and analyses to be done, as well as the characteristic signs of the disease easy to identify it. But keep in mind that the outward signs of Dupuytren’s contracture are often similar to the marks after a traumatic lesion of the palm.
Treatment of Dupuytren’s contracture may be different depending on the stage of the disease at which the patient has sought medical help.
Therapeutic treatment is effective in the early period. It includes
- therapeutic massage
- physical exercises aimed at stretching the tissues that cover the tendon
- ultrasound therapy, thermal procedures, electrophoresis with kiparissos
- splinting to correct the state of the fingers (typically the splint is applied at night)
- the introduction of corticosteroids in the case of local vospalitelnaya processes.
These techniques treat the disease Dupuytren allow some time to slow down the progression of the disease and partially restore mobility to the fingers.
If there is a second stage of the disease, that is, the damaged finger is bent at an angle of 30 degrees, it is necessary to carry out the operation of Dupuytren’s contracture. Surgery is performed with the aim of excision of the tissues that cover the sinews and tissues that are used to connect viscii to the underlying tissues. After this procedure showed complete recovery of patients.
Both local and General anesthesia suitable for surgery Palmar fibromatosis. Before surgery skin and scar tissue need special training with physical therapy and various enzyme preparations.
For best results after surgery of Dupuytren’s contracture, the patient must undergo a long rehabilitation course, which includes special therapeutic exercises, heat physiotherapy, special massage and electrotherapy.
For the prevention of Dupuytren’s contracture you should use special gloves during heavy duty work, because the physical injuries are one of the main causes of Palmar fibromatosis. As soon as the patient will notice the first symptoms he must immediately consult a doctor, because the outcome of treatment of this disease depends on the stage of development at which treatment started. When Dupuytren’s contracture is significantly reduced work capacity of the patient due to limited mobility of the palm, but the disease is not dangerous.